National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a kydex holster for my Kahr MK9. I found tons of them for the PM9, but none for the MK9. Does anyone know if the MK9 will fit a holster made for the PM9?

Thanks, Ralph

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what list you refer to. I just joined the forum. I googled for a couple of hours and went to every vendor website that I could find. When selecting the firearm, many listed the PM9, but I have not found a single one that allowed the MK9 as a choice.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
We have a Vendor Section. Some holster (kydex) makers are there. Start with them.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Found this on another forum. Check the dimensions.

First, there are very few Kahr blue or training guns.

BUT, Kahr is notorious for using nearly identical dimensions on their pistols.

It looks like the MK9 is just an all steel CM9. A full kydex may not work but I imagine an all leather or hybrid would work fine. The OAL is just a touch shorter on the MK9 which is not a big problem. If you can find one to try it out see if that would work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I have a Bianchi IWB leather holster that I like very much, but it collapses when I remove the gun, making re-holstering difficult. I was thinking of making a trip to a local gun shop and trying some of their kydex holsters.

·
5,082 Posts
Yes sorry, I meant our sponsors. And welcome.
I only spent few minutes on google, and appears despite any side device differences, if it supports cm9, pm9 or the Ruger, the km9 should fit. But of course you want to make sure. There sure seem to be a lot out there, I cruised one mk9 forum area where they sure bragged on one maker that hugged you with a kant and seemed to absorb any and all weight...it's vital to always carry so find one that really feels and wears as normal as you can get. I'm so glad we're open now also, so I can finally enjoy a holster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I am checking the KahrTalk Forums now. I found the Crossbreed Holster, but I still looking to see what else might be available.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry about `being late to the party'...but be aware...

...that kydex is great for quick draws, and easy re-holstering, but hard on finishes...I carried a compact Bersa .45 in one for a few years. But there's a lot of lost finish around the muzzle area, and some of the slide, because of it.

In my case the matte finished pistol was not all that 'pretty' to begin with...not for show n' tell, but for SD if n' when ever needed. So 'limited practice' in drawing and (dry) firing, re-holstering and doing over again, to instill muscle memory, in time removed the finish.

The .357 snub revolver I now carry has a much nicer blued finish, therefore carried in lined soft nylon IWB...still quick to draw, but slow to re-holster. However, the finish on it is as good as when purchased NIB about two years ago.

Still have the Bersa, but it's now pretty much 'retired' to the gun cabinet.

Best, FLc

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 12 of 12 Posts