14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Concealed Carry Badge?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet they would never admit it!

Show one to a cop and you are going to bite the dust!

I imagine Dog The Bounty Hunter has one.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
No, but I have a card that says I'm allowed.

G

·
I have actually met someone with one. I recommended he present the proper permit, which he did. People can buy all kinds of badges, it's what they decide to do with it that counts.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have actually met someone with one. I recommended he present the proper permit, which he did. People can buy all kinds of badges, it's what they decide to do with it that counts.
As a LEO did you find it offensive that the guy had a badge??

Do you think in the event of a shooting that the badge would prevent you as the arriving LEO from accidently thinking the CCW holder was the Bad Guy?

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
I would expect that to be mandatory gear for "Ninja Mall Security."

G

·
As a LEO did you find it offensive that the guy had a badge??

Do you think in the event of a shooting that the badge would prevent you as the arriving LEO from accidently thinking the CCW holder was the Bad Guy?

I honestly don't find it offensive. People can buy police badges as long as they don't try to present themselves as LEO. I don't have a concealed weapons permit, I just use my badge and police ID, so I honesty didn't realize having a concealed weapons permit badge was so odd. Now that I thing about it, I'm sure it's one of those items the gunstore commando can't resist to complement their daily carry of 3 or 4 concealed weapons! LOL

G

·
I would not want one. I have my CCW permit and that is all I need. The antis already accuse us of being wanna-be cops so I see no reason to bolster their fantasies about us.:rolleyes:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It might be fun to mount one on a placard and put it up in the garage next to the Harley sign!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I saw one in the local gun store the other day. $18 if I rmember right.
But why?
Who would want one.
Just carry one on your hip as we do here and you don't need a badge.
If you can't, move!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Nice looking badge, all shiny and stuff. Just one question....Why?

G

·
I think they are kind of silly. I mean...if you want a badge...do like a lot of us did...EARN IT. Get off the duff, go to the academy, and EARN IT.

Even if you don't want to be a full time, sworn, career LEO...become a reserve officer or reserve deputy.

I hate to sound arrogant or uppity...it isn't my intention, and I am not bashing security guards...we all had to sweat, bleed, and work damned hard to earn our badges.

As for legit civilian CCW holders...hell yeah! I support your right to carry eleventy billion percent. No one knows better than an officer that we cannot be everywhere at once, and cannot protect people on an individual basis, and the responsibility for your safety begins with you. And remember as Clint Smith said about backup guns..."One is none, two is one, and three...well that is just about right".

I am a civilian CCW permit holder, and WAS a CCW permit holder while I was still working as a federal agent. My thinking was that if I ever got into a jam at work and was suspended and lost my gun and creds (no, it never happened) I would still be covered by my CCW and personal carry gun. As a fed, crossing state lines and into states where a local officer's badge wasn't enough for him to carry legit was not a concern for me...BUT...my Arizona CCW was recognized in some of those states where local LE creds weren't honored.

Some gunrag 'riter stated the position that it was a good idea for an officer who was "between sworn positions" to carry a "CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT" badge in case he was involved in an incident, and needed to identify himself ?!?!?!?!?!?! Well...he isn't a "sworm officer" if he is "between" sworn positions, he is a civilian who happens to be POST certified, nothing more.

I think actually carrying one is a bad idea.

I am retired now, and have my Arizona CCW and am in the process of getting my national carry permit...god bless LEOSA and HR218! My two badges from my days as a local LE and my days as a fed are mounted on the wall on plaques here in my home office. That's where they stay.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts