National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Why buy a Glock for $550-600 if you can get the Kimber Custom for $699! Much better gun and a match barrel that will shoot a group half the size of the Glock.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
sig232 said:
Why buy a Glock for $550-600 if you can get the Kimber Custom for $699! Much better gun and a match barrel that will shoot a group half the size of the Glock.
+100 Without question.......................

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My father was trying to sell it with a Springfield 1911 .45. He was selling the Kimber for that if the guy baught the springfield with it...... Mega sweet guns for REAL cheap.

The guy just didn't know what was in front of him... I was making this post to see how many of YOU would pull the trigger...

People are coming in and just laying top quality guns down and selling them.... My father picks them up and just sells them for cheap....

·
Registered
957 Posts
The Kimber "Custom" is the entry level Kimber pistol. IMHO, well worth the extra money over the 500$ guns that have hit the market in the last few years. Now, people are in different postitions and have different budgets too, but hold each in your hand and compare. No contest in fit and finish.

I am not the type to sneer at someone not shooting a $1000 custom job, and never have been. I looked at the Taurus 45 again today while at the gun shop and there just not for me. I would save a bit longer and go with the Kimber or Springfield.

All that said, the RIA 38 super has to be a deal for that caliber. I dont know of another 38 super for twice the price of the RIA.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
red-rider said:
The Kimber "Custom" is the entry level Kimber pistol. IMHO, well worth the extra money over the 500$ guns that have hit the market in the last few years. Now, people are in different positions and have different budgets too, but hold each in your hand and compare. No contest in fit and finish.

I am not the type to sneer at someone not shooting a $1000 custom job, and never have been. I looked at the Taurus 45 again today while at the gun shop and there just not for me. I would save a bit longer and go with the Kimber or Springfield.

All that said, the RIA 38 super has to be a deal for that caliber. I don't know of another 38 super for twice the price of the RIA.

Now that's a good idea! I may look into the RIA in 38 super!

My Kimber Custom was the my first Kimber. It is the lightweight Alum frame compact. The dealer told me that the custom line has the match barrels and sells for hundreds less and has all the bells and whistles but not the pretty finishes on the upscale pistols.

I am always amazed when I take it out to shoot. I put a set of Hogue grips on it and its one of my most accurate shooters. Out-shoots my $1,000 CDP Custom easily. My Gold Match in full size, of course is my best shooter, only matched by my old series 70 Colt Gold Cup National Match.

G

·
I'd jump on that sucker in a heartbeat.
I've got a Kimber Gold Classic in .45, the most accurate .45 I've ever shot. :i:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts