National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received an advertisement for a Kidon unit which is designed by Israel.
I allows you to insert a pistol, Glock 1911, etc into this thing and turn it into a should-fired firearm.
I wonder if this thing will run afoul of the BATF's definition of a short-barrelled rifle?
I contacted Polymer80 which will distribute the device in the U.S. and they have no legal
opinion at this time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What are you asking exactly? Legality? Or use?
I recently received an advertisement for a Kidon unit which is designed by Israel.
I allows you to insert a pistol, Glock 1911, etc into this thing and turn it into a should-fired firearm.
I wonder if this thing will run afoul of the BATF's definition of a short-barrelled rifle?
I contacted Polymer80 which will distribute the device in the U.S. and they have no legal
opinion at this time.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
if it is a conversion to a stock.........probably yes, i believe it would have to be registered with batf

if it is a conversion to a brace.......probably no..at least for now...........

do not take my word on it......research with the company itself and with BATF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More curiosity than anything. Considering that recently a piece pf plastic has been ruled a "machinegun", then I would expect this device will be ruled a short-barreled rifle"
by the feds. I would hate for folks to buy it and then learn they have to buy a "tax stamp" to own it legally.

·
Aim true !
11,672 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a pistol caliber carbine? I have 4 of them besides my AR style 22's. And they are a lot of fun.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
For the price I will buy another Glock.
When I need a carbine I buy a carbine, not a heavy and bulky Frankenstine *******.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 6 of 6 Posts