National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Anyone have any feedback on the Keltec KSG shotgun? I know in the beginning the had issues...but what about lately?

Good weapon for home defense?

Thank you for any feedback?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It's on my lottery winning wishlist

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
It's on my lottery winning wishlist
Mine too. I have no need for one, they serve no purpose for my normal gun use. I have a Mossberg 12 gauge short barrel that lives next to my bed that has been faithful to me for close to 30 years. However I still want one. I don't need it but I want it.

I have a friend who owns one and it is just fun to shoot.

Back to the original post, they did have some issues in the beginning but as far as I know they have worked the kinks out. Also Kel-Tec has a 100% lifetime warranty against any and all problems. Run your Kel-Tec over with a truck and they will repair or replace it. I have 2 Kel-Tecs and am a big fan.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the feedback.

Anyone have any recommendations on sights for the KSG that don't cost $400-500?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took the KSG to the range on Sunday. I shot about 50 rounds....and is it fun to shoot. I was shooting birdshot. I got the extended butt & maybe because I was shooting birdshot...there was not a lot of recoil.

No hang ups with jams or anything like that......it was just FUN to shoot!

·
Follower of Christ.
253 Posts
Thank you for the feedback.

Anyone have any recommendations on sights for the KSG that don't cost $400-500?

I have an AIM Warfare edition green/red dot site. It has a few reticle styles to choose from and is a great optic. It ran me $40.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, I know they hold a lot of rounds, but other than a police or military function, my short barreled 870 is more than likely all the firepower I would need around the house. I have not read any articles or anything on the Kel Tec gun lately.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,574 Posts
Where is a good place to buy one of these?
My local gun store in Sacramento carries them in stock. So should yours in So Cal

·
Registered
39 Posts
Other than the early models literally ejecting both entire magazine tubes out the front of the guns when the caps popped off, I believe they have worked out most of the issues. I have put about 500 rounds through my buddy's and only had a few FTE's, and I am confident that it was fault of the ammo.

The main thing I like about it is that fact of how compact and close everything is to you. easy to clear houses in a defense situation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pulling back up an old thread.....but I am still enjoying my KSG. I have shot it at the range for the past 4+ years and rarely have any issues. The one negative thing I would say is you have to count you shots to know when you are empty in one tube before switching.

Anyone else still have one of these & have any feedback.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts