National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like Ruger went after Kel-Tec's P3AT and Kel-Tec went after the SR9, or at least thats what it looks like. So with that said what would you rather have? The SR9 or the PF9

PF9

SR9

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Ever held them both at the same time? The pf9 is alot smaller and lighter. Whenever I compare a Kel Tec to anything, anything usually wins. KTs have sharp edges and uncomfortable balance IMO. Ruger is a far superior manufacturer.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
The Ruger wins the pretty contest hands down.

But the price of the kel-tec and the weight just make it one heck of a bargain for the folks that don't have a bunch of extra money to spend and want the power of the 9mm in a compact carry pistol.

I am sure the Ruger will out shoot the kel-tec, but for defensive carry I would choose the Kel-tec.

D

·
0 Posts
I am sure the Ruger will out shoot the kel-tec, but for defensive carry I would choose the Kel-tec.

Exactly my thinking. There is a big difference in weight and overall feel between the
two guns. Each gun has it's own place so I'd choose based on intended use.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I don't mind carrying a larger gun and to have the peacr of mind knowing the Ruger is a better quality, it wins for me.

That said, of friend of mine has the Kel Tec and really likes it. No problems with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts