National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new PF-9 is the hot ticket why does Kel-tec still produce the P-11?

Any members have practice experience shooting both versions of Kel-tecs 9mm?

The P-11 is a much thicker pistol and I assume a lot harder to conceal. But reliable from what I hear from others. What do you say, members?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
They are making both of them and there are several differences between them. Go to their website: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/ and they show all the differences btwn the two.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a PF9, which I'm pretty much disgusted with right now. :evil:
The last time at the range, I suffered a lot of failure to ejects!! :shock:
The ejector screw was tight and undamaged.
I dunno what happened, except I might not have cleaned under it from the last shooting session.
What yanked my chain was the resident tinkerer over at a well known KT board telling me that I was limp wristing the beast and then proceeding to "show me" how to hold the pistol!! :roll:
He also had a diagnostic test for me to do, which I might, if I have the time and inclination.
I cleaned the beast and threw it into the safe.
I've ceased this dangerous flirtation (I had been carrying this gun for several weeks not knowing it would have not worked) and have returned to the stone cold reliability of my Glock 26!!

G

·
I, too, had a very unpleasant experience with a PF-9 I owned. The trigger just stopped working with less than 300 rounds through the gun in several range sesions! It would not return. I found out that the trigger return spring had come off of the connector bar that connects the trigger and hammer. I also found out through the Kel-Tec forums that this was a pretty common problem. I sent the gun back to Kel-Tec and included a note saying I wish I could get my money back on that one, and they actually sent me a check for the purchase price and shipping! I was blowed away that they did that.

Later, I read two different articles in The American Rifleman and in Shooting Illustrated where the review guns did the exact same thing!

Supposedly, the newer PF-9s have this problem resolved, but that was my first and my last Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I took mine to the range today.
To my surprise everything was fine!!
100 rounds, 100 gobangs, and 100 shots of flying brass!!
The only thing I can think of was that there was some dirt or something under the extractor!!
However, since I DO have uncertainty, I'm gonna continue to hoof the Glock!!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gee! I am glad I have waited to buy that little gem. I suspected that they might have problems just based on the 380 P3AT experience with the extractor. I think I will give it another year or two to make sure the inventory clears out before I buy. ;) ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts