National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Kel-Tec P-11, so puhleeze wish me luck. Seems like people either hate Kel-Tecs or love them. Maybe spotty quality control, or they don't take care of them as they should. I hope it's the latter. :)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That is a fine weapon, and a great carry pistol. Many LEOs carried those for years and still do. Kel-tec is a company that started out mfg back up pistols for police officers. They were so popular they branched out to the rest of us.

They are not guns that you take to the range and bang away all day. You become proficient with them and then stick them in your pocket and practice once in a while.

They had some problems with the P3AT extractor on the first model and later changed to a stronger extractor. I am not familiar with any current problems with the P-11, its been with us a long time now. The new model has has some development issues, Gunrnr can clue you in better on that one, PF-9 or 5 I can't remember the model.

The P-11 is much larger and heaver than the P3AT 380 cal which is only about 7 oz unloaded and can be carried in a front pocket holster easily.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I have had a KT 3AT for almost a year now and I am well pleased with it. It takes about 100 or so rounds for everything to settle down and wear in. Till then you will have a FTE or feed once in awhile. Like said above it's not a range gun but I do shoot a couple of mags through it every time I go. It's in my pocket everywhere I go. Great little gun. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baldy said:
I have had a KT 3AT for almost a year now and I am well pleased with it. It takes about 100 or so rounds for everything to settle down and wear in. Till then you will have a FTE or feed once in awhile. Like said above it's not a range gun but I do shoot a couple of mags through it every time I go. It's in my pocket everywhere I go. Great little gun. :D
I need to get a CCL.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Lanber,
I'm with Baldy on the P 3AT. I got one two months ago. I've only fired about 20 rounds of FMJ through it so far and had no problems - I do carry it to town in my back jeans pocket loaded with Fiocci FMJ only, at this point - perfect size for CCW. A dealer friend in Bethlehem PA sells many of these to LEOs as back up pieces. He used to sell a lot of the .32s - the .380s have replaced them - he has a difficult time getting them from the factory because of demand.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
They are hard to find sometimes. A real bargin at the price stated for a pistol that is easy to pack all day.

G

·
lanber said:
Baldy said:
I need to get a CCL.

IMHO it's everbodies duty to get a CCL. If all responsible handgun owners carried, crime would drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts