National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Kahr CW9 for my wife. After 200 rounds it looked like someone took a file to the recoil pin (Rem and Blazer 115 grain FMJ - nothing special, just cheap ammo). I contacted Kahr and they sent me a new pin/spring. After 200 rounds the new pin looks the same way. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how was the issue resolved?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I recently purchased a Kahr CW9 for my wife. After 200 rounds it looked like someone took a file to the recoil pin (Rem and Blazer 115 grain FMJ - nothing special, just cheap ammo). I contacted Kahr and they sent me a new pin/spring. After 200 rounds the new pin looks the same way. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how was the issue resolved?

Sorry, I'm confused, are you talking about the recoil spring guide rod or the firing pin??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm confused, are you talking about the recoil spring guide rod or the firing pin??
I am also confused. It sounds like you're talking about the guide rod and the spring
that encases it. If so, I have experienced a similar issue with my CW9. The guide rod that
comes stock in the gun IS steel but it has some type of black (blued?, matte?) finish on it
that wears off due to the friction of the spring that rubs against it while firing. A family
member of mine also has a CW9 and his does the same thing. In our cases it seems to
be just a cosmetic design flaw because it does not effect the guns performance. We have
stainless steel guide rods in our CW9's now, ordered from Kahr. You can still see marks on
the SS rod but its not as noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts