National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please link me to somewhere in the US that I might order a dimensionally correct Karabiner 98K replica??? I'm tired of only finding "rare vintage" versions made in Sweden and such when I search.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I do not believe there is anybody making K98 replicas anywhere in the world. (Well--maybe Darra Pakistan, but you would probably have to pick it up--I doubt they ship).

You might be able to find an original, never issued, unfired 100% correct K98. They do exist, but they are not cheap.

Curious. Why do you think anybody would be geared up to make K98 copies?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I think Mitchell Arms makes a replica, but from all I've heard - they don't begin to compare in quality with the originals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would MUCH rather not buy a Swiss remake... Plus, all I ever find online are seized rifles on sale for a whole lot of money. Plus, I'd prefer something with te dimensions and features, but a larger caliber.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Rare vintage Swedes? Swiss remakes? Someone is jerking you around.

The Mauser (among other makers) K98k is a German military main battle rifle chambered in 7.92 x 57mm Mauser (8mm Mauser) that saw its main use during WWII. They are readily available for sale all over the world as military surplus rifles. Sporterizing one, to include a caliber change, is no great shakes for a qualified gunsmith. In fact, the vast majority of Mauser M98 'hunting rifles' available for sale began life as military rifles.

If you're looking for a new production rifle 98 Mauser BillM has given you the link to the only manufacturer I know of who's making them today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts