National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I currently have a stock from a K98k and I was wondering if there is a possible way to rebuild it to function.

Sorry, I am new to the "building" of guns.

I would greatly appreciate it if I knew it is possible to buy the parts of the gun and where.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Take a bunch of pictures as you build it and keep us in the loop. They are a very neat old rifle that is as good today as the day they were made. Good luck. :4:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay the person who sold me this told me that it uses a 8mm Large Ring Action. Does anyone have a direct link to this? Help!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The Mauser Model 1898, quite possibly the best bolt action rifle ever designed, is a large ring mauser.

You might try reading some of the articles and posts at http://www.mausercentral.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Mauser Model 1898, quite possibly the best bolt action rifle ever designed, is a large ring mauser.

You might try reading some of the articles and posts at http://www.mausercentral.com
Alright thanks!

Is it the same thing as the ZF41? If you are familiar with it? It's the sniper version. I mean aside from the scope, are there any other differences in it?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The ZF41 had a turned down bolt to clear the scope. Rifles made for this purpose were more carefully produced. That is about it.

My first reaction is to tell you go to a gun show and find one with a cheezed out stock and just swap it. When building a rifle you need to remember one thing when doing these. You will end up spending more money on it that if you bought one outright.

Be careful when selecting your receiver. Turk receivers are good and they are plentiful. But they were threaded to use the small ring barrels. If you can find one a VZ24 or any of the BRUNO actions are the best.

Do you have any experience with building rifles? There are a number of considerations to know about before you begin. Post here, the others and I will help talk you through it.

PM me, I have some extra Mauser parts laying around from past builds that I can set you up with. I may even have a spare bolt two and possible a military barrel in the parts box.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Not really. Remington makes it. I found a bunch at Big 5 SPorts (a lrge chain) not too long ago. It is easy to reload for. Just get the resizer for a 30-06 to 8mm JS Mauser and your in biz. It should a .323 bullet. (but you should always check any surplus Mauser first).

Check places like ammoman.com and other surplus ammo places, it will pop up.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Wolf Gold offers moderately priced, brass cased and reloadable 7.92x57mm (8mm Mauser) ammunition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts