National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The actions of the mother of the el paso shooter.

I have read 2 completely different accounts of the action of the mother prior to the el paso shooting.

a local news paper claimed the mother warned the police her son bought a gun and was worried he would use it in crime.

another online said she contacted the police to ask if her son was legally allowed to own and posses a gun.

personally I believe the second account because I did the same thing calling police regarding possession of fire arms in apartments and its legality.
But that doesn't me what i want to believe to be true is and am just trying to get the fact straight .

anyone here know? or point me to a legit source that been confirmed as fact.

I am finding news to be more and more unreliable in situations like this.

I ask this because it gives an idea of where to look when the politicians try to pull a grab on guns which is a real possibility in my state.

·
Aim true !
11,952 Posts
When i asked what news source to trust. Popeye directed me to newsmax.com. So i been using them for my news. Yeah i check yahoo and stuff. But i always check and see if newsmax has a version of the story too.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The version I tend to believe is; she called the local police and asked if her son could legally purchase a firearm. The answer was, Yes. Then she expressed doubts about her son's maturity. The police implied, that was not their problem until he broke the law. She did not leave her, or her son's, name.

Reactions: BigNastyCowboy

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
The version I tend to believe is; she called the local police and asked if her son could legally purchase a firearm. The answer was, Yes. Then she expressed doubts about her son's maturity. The police implied, that was not their problem until he broke the law. She did not leave her, or her son's, name.

Mother of El Paso suspect called police about son before shooting

By Caroline Linton

Updated on: August 8, 2019 / 7:27 AM / CBS News

The mother of El Paso shooting suspect 21-year-old Patrick Crusius called police in Allen, Texas, weeks before the deadly shooting, because her son owned an AK 47-style assault rifle, CBS News has confirmed. The family's attorney, Chris Ayres, said the phone call was "purely informational," and that there was "absolutely no fear of violence nor any belief of an intent to do harm" that led Crusius' mother to call police.

The lawyer added that Crusius did not identify herself or her son to police when she made the call, and that the department did not file the call or follow up on it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
When you call the police your number and name,and address come up on the screen. That's how they catch oeople who make false bomb reports.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
eh Well nothing surprises me 4 witnesses will have 4 different accounts. as far as mother calling prior is not the first time Law Enforcement fu%^&$ themselves in the area they dispose of solid waste from wont be the last either and the FBI do not even get me started on those bazstards Hemorrhoids yes Hemorrhoids have more USE than anything associated the the FBI.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
When you call the police your number and name,and address come up on the screen. That's how they catch oeople who make false bomb reports.
Unless you call from a cell phone.

Reactions: BigNastyCowboy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts