National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Obama's just put in a bid for an estate on Martha's Vineyard asking price $14,850,000.
This after purchasing a Washington DC home in 2017 for 8.1 million.
Their net worth as of 2018 is 40 million dollars.

Presidents salary is as follows:
$400,000 yr.
$50,000 expense allowance(whatever that is)
$100,000 non taxable travel allowance
$19,000 entertainment allowance.

So even if he saved every dime has was given as president over the 8 long years that comes to a grand total of:
$4,556,552

Boy, and they say all the crooks are on Wall Street.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Called being able to keep leftover campaign contributions and signing a rich book deal after leaving office; then there are the big fees for BSing to a crowd for an hour

·
Registered
490 Posts
I despise President Obama, but one thing I think can be fairly said about him is that he got his money the old fashioned way - by cashing in after he was out of office. Don't forget that in addition to book deals (Random House paid them $65 million for a book deal on their memoirs), speaking engagements at a minimum of $250K a go, seats on corporate boards that will deliver significant stock options and grants, the couple has a TV deal with Netflix for an undisclosed amount rumored to be upwards of $200 million. My guess is that they didn't pay for their DC house - it will have been purchased with funds raised by "friends". There are a lot of very bad things about Obama, but I don't think he was personally guilty of financial corruption while in office.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well it's truly great to know that while he was selling the country out to the muslims, he wasn't corrupt about it.

There's a lot of comfort in that realization.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way I feel about it, cashing in on your time as a public official is like insider trading on wall street.
Using your influence and contacts to personally enrich yourself financially.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I despise President Obama, but one thing I think can be fairly said about him is that he got his money the old fashioned way - by cashing in after he was out of office. Don't forget that in addition to book deals (Random House paid them $65 million for a book deal on their memoirs), speaking engagements at a minimum of $250K a go, seats on corporate boards that will deliver significant stock options and grants, the couple has a TV deal with Netflix for an undisclosed amount rumored to be upwards of $200 million. My guess is that they didn't pay for their DC house - it will have been purchased with funds raised by "friends". There are a lot of very bad things about Obama, but I don't think he was personally guilty of financial corruption while in office.
Guess you don't remember the contributions by GE that got us no more cheap light bulbs, or the contributions by many others that got companies mega money for green gov't contracts (like Solindra) where they bilked us out of millions?
He was the MOST corrupt President in US history, and you can compound that with the fcat he did NOTHING except play golf - that's what happens when you promote someone to their level of Incompetence as a puppet on string.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bribes in the form of book deals, this has long been the way for politicians to accept bribes. Charity foundations is the other.

·
Registered
955 Posts
That would be my thinking. They typically get $100,000 for a speaking engagement plus book deals and the list goes on.

Ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
When Obama was in office of all the presidents he racked up the most debt of all the presidents and all he accomplished was make problems and jack up the country when he came in to office there was about 10 trillion dollars of national debt when he left office about 19 trillion.

·
Registered
955 Posts
When Obama was in office of all the presidents he racked up the most debt of all the presidents and all he accomplished was make problems and jack up the country when he came in to office there was about 10 trillion dollars of national debt when he left office about 19 trillion.
Actually while I despised Barack Obama's ideals he did not rack up more dept than any other president. That rite belongs to FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt). President Franklin Roosevelt, who presided over most of World War II, left the country with more debt than every other president to date. Public debt as a share of GDP was at 95.7 percent in 1944, his last full calendar year in office.

President Obama is the second-worst president in this category, with public debt at 74.1 percent of GDP in 2014. Even under President Obama’s budget proposal, public debt would still be 74.3 percent of GDP in 2016, his last year in office.

I only point this out so if the subject ever comes up you will have the right answer. We need to look at debt as a percentage of the GDP. That is only one measure, there are a few others.
How Much Did Obama Add to the Nation's Debt?

So while I did despise him and his policies and cabinet he really did not grab the spending title.

Ron

·
Registered
735 Posts
It isn't just him, I flew over DC about 25 years ago, and the fancy houses started appearing about 50 miles distance from it. There are loads of people that make their fortunes there, it is sick

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Аѕ оf 2019, Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth сurrеntlу ѕtаndѕ аt $40 mіllіоn. Тhе ѕоurсе оf Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth fоrtunе іѕ frоm hіѕ buѕіnеѕѕ іnvеѕtmеnt that hаѕ rеturnеd hugе рrоfіtѕ, the fасt that hе hаѕ bееn а gоvеrnоr оf Техаѕ аnd nоt fоrgеttіng the UЅ рrеѕіdеnt fоr two tеrmѕ аѕ wеll. Тоdау Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth gеtѕ а bооѕt оbvіоuѕlу frоm hіѕ реnѕіоn but the mоtіvаtіоnаl tаlkѕ hе gіvеѕ ѕіnсе іt’ѕ оn rесоrd hе еаrnѕ аrоund $150,000 реr tаlk. Не аlѕо еаrnѕ frоm аuthоrіng bооkѕ.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
George Bush comes from a wealthy family. Not to mention, he was wealthy before becoming Governor and then President.

Before the O-Hole entered politics he was a broke Kenyan emigrant scrapping on the streets of Chicago.

As to the National Debt increase under FDR. He was President during a World War. Those are expensive.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
2017:

George H.W. Bush saw his fortune grow from $4 million before he entered the White House to $23 million today, and his son, George W. Bush, started his presidency with $20 million; now, he's reportedly worth $35 million.

Bill and Hillary Clinton -- $75 million net worth represents a staggering 6,150 percent increase over the $1.2 million the couple had when Bill Clinton took office in 1993. Over 15 years, they've made $153 million for 729 speeches, earning an average of $210,795 per address.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Аѕ оf 2019, Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth сurrеntlу ѕtаndѕ аt $40 mіllіоn. Тhе ѕоurсе оf Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth fоrtunе іѕ frоm hіѕ buѕіnеѕѕ іnvеѕtmеnt that hаѕ rеturnеd hugе рrоfіtѕ, the fасt that hе hаѕ bееn а gоvеrnоr оf Техаѕ аnd nоt fоrgеttіng the UЅ рrеѕіdеnt fоr two tеrmѕ аѕ wеll. Тоdау Gеоrgе Вuѕh nеt wоrth gеtѕ а bооѕt оbvіоuѕlу frоm hіѕ реnѕіоn but the mоtіvаtіоnаl tаlkѕ hе gіvеѕ ѕіnсе іt’ѕ оn rесоrd hе еаrnѕ аrоund $150,000 реr tаlk. Не аlѕо еаrnѕ frоm аuthоrіng bооkѕ.
He came from oil money to boot, and - as I understand it - recently bought a huge plot of land in Paraguay:

https://agorafinancial.com/2015/04/24/why-did-george-bush-buy-nearly-300000-acres-in-paraguay/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts