National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know - everybody and his brother thinks this is a 'crappy' gun. I bought it used for $200 on Sunday, picked it up Monday. Here in the 'Peoples Republic of New York' you have to have the gun registered at the local County Clerks office - which (of course) wasn't open on the weekend. Anyway, I got it home Monday morning, put it through my own clean/lub process, and took it out to the range on Tuesday. The trigger pull is registering about 11 lbs (about what any DA wheel gun registers). The pistol looks about new - stainless slide and barrel, poly frame, jointed trigger (much like a Glock). It came with a 2 10 round mags. I ordered 3 15 round mags (as a current Unified Court System Deputy, I can legally own them here is "HIGHLY RESTRICTED LAND"). Shot about 100 rounds through it - everything from FMJ WWB to Federal 135 gr JHP. It took everything I fed it - no misfeeds or jams of any kind. Ran the standard course - 3 yrds out to 25, tactical and combat reloads. Super accurate - blew the 5X middle ring out of the full size B-21 target.

After shooting my Springfield XD 40 service, I'm not sure I like the trigger on the S&W But I sure like the accuracy! Gun feels great in the hand and is a fairly soft shooter. Still, the XD is my duty gun - there's nothing like it!

:D

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords."

Don't know where it's from, but it sure sounds OK with me!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Welcome aboard Mr Hacker15. I'll have to say it took me a little while to adjust to the way this pistol likes to work but by no means do I think it's junk. The more you shoot it the better the trigger gets, or mine did. I got the .40ve and it's my bed stand gun now. Mine started to really shine after I started to use Gun Butter and lube the trigger real heavy with it a couple times. Good luck with yours. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baldy said:
Welcome aboard Mr Hacker15. I'll have to say it took me a little while to adjust to the way this pistol likes to work but by no means do I think it's junk. The more you shoot it the better the trigger gets, or mine did. I got the .40ve and it's my bed stand gun now. Mine started to really shine after I started to use Gun Butter and lube the trigger real heavy with it a couple times. Good luck with yours. :)
Thanks for the tip! I use Hopes Gun Grease on the rails for my semi's and I'll give that a shot. It really is a nice pistol but, after shooting SA/DA guns (like the XD), my muscle memory is shot for the old DA wheel guns I carried 'back in the day'. I'll put several hundred rounds through it in the coming weeks and see if that (plus a liberal application of Gun Grease) doesn't help.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
while i can say ive never really cared for the sigmas. if you get one that functions properly it is a no frills base model pistol thats adequate for range days and teaching people to shoot but i would never trust my life to one.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leeindy said:
while i can say ive never really cared for the sigmas. if you get one that functions properly it is a no frills base model pistol thats adequate for range days and teaching people to shoot but i would never trust my life to one.
Gees, lee - I just ran the qualification course with it and it shot like a dream! The gun butter tip seems to have worked out real well - the pull is down to 9 lbs and I suspect it will get lower and lower as more rounds go through the thing. From a duty gun viewpoint, this seems to be a nice alternative to the XD I usually carry (although that remains my favorite!).

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I am thinking about getting one. Not sure on caliber yet. I am glad to hear you guys are having good luck with em. I hear some guys knocking them but I have not heard any sprecific examples of failures like I have with some of the Taurus guns. As far as the trigger goes I will grease it and shoot until it gets nice. I like shooting revolvers so I am not too worried.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I am thinking about getting one. Not sure on caliber yet. I am glad to hear you guys are having good luck with em. I hear some guys knocking them but I have not heard any sprecific examples of failures like I have with some of the Taurus guns. As far as the trigger goes I will grease it and shoot until it gets nice. I like shooting revolvers so I am not too worried.
To tell the truth I wouldn't use any type of grease on a automatic. The grease I have used in the pass tents to cake and hold the grit in triggers and on the rails. I use high quality oils like Gun Butter, or even CLP works good. Oil will flow the grit out or disolve it depening on what you use. JMHO for what it's worth and that's not much. :lol:

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Good point. I do clean my gun frequently. Maybe that will eliminate that problem somewhat.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I got mine 6 or 7 months ago and I've probably put 1000 rounds through it allready. I really enjoy shooting it. Natural aimer for me and I've gotten very accurate with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts