National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the one that started out as a .25/20 but I didn't like the bore on that barrel. So I decided to make another 'Super Needle' rifle to go with my .17 Mk IV. All I have to do now is get it to the gunsmith to have the scope drilled and mounted. My job, the wood and case coloring is done.

Al, this is what it will look like when you get yours done.

IM000968.JPG
IM000964.JPG
IM000960 (1).JPG
IM000960.JPG

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Page 2. Use the zoon the closer you look the better this stick of black walnut looks.:thumbsup:
IM000965.JPG
IM000961.JPG
IM000962.JPG
IM000963.JPG

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep emptying out parts boxes and our wood barn. I am truly sorry this may be the last slab of the of this black walnut in the barn. Built some pretty guns with it.

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
Wow you never stop amazing me!

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But only old men are practicing it.
Unfortunately you are correct. My brother and I have both tried to get our sons interested in doing this work. None of them what to mess with it. A gunsmith friend of mine has frequently tried to get me to do commercial stocks for his customers. No way. I do them for me and me only. I do, do occasional repairs for friends. But no full blown stocks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Pretty wood! Did you get a chance to look at the west systems website?

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I checked it out. I am looking for any left over Micro Bed bedding material. Pro Bed 2000 from High Score come as close to Micro Bed as anything currently on the market. I was just hopeing one of the forum members had a tube or two of the old Micro Bed stuff. They haven't made it for at least 20yrs. I am on my last tube.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,902 Posts
As always, VERY nicely done! Thank you for the pics!

Reactions: Northtidesix
1 - 13 of 13 Posts