National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of y'all like .308's...?...

I have a Armalite and a Springfield that I think are keeper's...what are y'alls... :?: ... ;) ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the .308 is a great round. My wife has a Ruger 77 MK2 in .308 that she never fails to kill deer with. I used to have a Target Model 77MK 2 that would drive tacks. With my handloads it would put 3 shots into 3/4 inch at 100 yards with amazing regularity, with the occasional 1/2 group. Best trigger on a out of the box Ruger rifle I ever seen. Unfortunately, I got really hard up and had to sell that gun. It was a trifle heavy, but that was the only thing I did not like about it. Now, I would really live to have a AR type .308 one of these days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have three right now. I have a L1A1, HK91, and a G3.... I'm working on a SOCOM 16.... :-B-:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post pic's of them before the weekend is over...I'll also be asking for a leetle help on a SVT-40 in the gunsmithing forum...if y'all can help... :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got a few. It's one of the best cartridges out there. Most of the bullet manufacturers use the 308 for accuracy testing of their bullets. They claim (their claim, not mine but I agree with them) that the 308 case and cases made from the 308 like the 7-08, 260 Remington and the 243 will be the most acurrate rounds for the given caliber. This is also backed up from the Remington 40X testing back in the 60's. I use mine for varmints mostly and the 125 TNT bullets are poison on coyotes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trapper L, If you don't mind could PM me the load you are using for the coyote load.
I have a 2A1 Gibbs with a scope on it. and I have coyotes. :---
just me

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My "go to rifle" is my M-14A. It sits in the downstairs safe, with 2 loaded 30 round mags right next to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts