National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
looks like a good deal. Never have really worked hard with a rifled slug barrel as we do not have to use them in my area except for a couple of Corps of Engineers controlled areas.

·
Aim true !
10,046 Posts
Cool a slugger. 😁 I resisted my last temptation.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
That seems a little high to me but what do I know. I have no use for a slug gun. Way back when Uncle Sam wasn't paying me much and I created little humans that I had to clothe and feed money was tight. I had a 12 ga that I used to hunt deer. I certainly couldn't afford a rifle so buckshot and punkin' balls would have to do. I thought about getting a slug barrel but the aprox $75 at the time bought a lot of diapers.

It appears you're happy and that's all that matters. Congrats on your multi-purpose purchase.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the receiver on my winchester sxp riot is drilled and tapped......i have thought about putting a red dot on it just to see what she could do with slugs and a red dot vs just the bead......but that would be the only purpose.......to find out.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I got decent accuracy with standard rifled slugs out to around 50 yds or so but trying to put that bead on target was the issue.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
We have to use slugs in New Jersey. Don’t underestimate slug guns. A fully rifled barrel with Sabot slugs is deadly out to 150 yards. My will do 2” groups at 100 yards. My smooth bore slug barrel will do 4” groups at 100. 100 yards is a long way in these woods. $200 is a steal fir that gun. Good for you. All of our slug guns are scoped. 3-9X40 is very common here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to looking into if I can change the barrel for the bbs and start up duck hunting but for now it’s just for fun. I got all sorts of ammo with it but no 12g haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts