National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-chicago-malicious-prosecution

Jussie Smollett says the $10,000 he was mandated to pay after the criminal case against him was closed should prevent the city of Chicago from seeking reimbursement for the police investigation following his claim, back in January 2019, that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

Attorneys for the former "Empire" actor filed a response Tuesday to Chicago’s lawsuit in federal court. They also filed a counterclaim against the city, saying Smollett was the victim of a malicious prosecution that caused humiliation and extreme distress.

In January, Smollett told police he was attacked by two masked men as he was walking home from a Chicago Subway sandwich shop at approximately 2 a.m. The openly gay actor alleged that the masked men beat him, taunted him with homophobic and racial slurs and yelled, "This is MAGA country."

In February, police determined that Smollett's masked assailants were brothers Abel and Ola Osundairo, who trained Smollett and worked with him on "Empire." Authorities also identified the brothers as those on surveillance video purchasing the rope that was reportedly hung around Jussie's neck during the alleged attack.

After an intense investigation, police determined Smollett staged the entire episode with the help of two brothers, whom he paid to take part in the hoax assault, in an elaborate effort to drum up publicity for his middling career. After prosecutors dropped the case in March, Smollett maintained his innocence but agreed to let authorities keep a $10,000 bail.

He was charged with filing a false police report, but those charges were dropped by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx a few weeks later.
:sosp:

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Either pay up or go to jail for the crime - I'd bet he'd find the money

· Registered
541 Posts
As we saw with Foxx dropping the charges against him, you can get away with a lot in corrupt Crook County. However, when you fight the establishment, bad things happen. Jussie is going to find that things are very different now that he's suing the City...

· Registered
507 Posts
What you non-locals aren't seeing is that Kim Foxx is campaigning using the fact that she " didn't handle it well" :

This is from Channel 5 NBC local news cast:

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx announced her campaign for re-election on Tuesday with a video in which she admitted that with regard to the case of actor Jussie Smollett, she "didn't handle it well."

"State's attorney is a tough job. Every day, my office is under attack: from a president who uses our city as a punching bag, the NRA hell bent on letting guns flood our streets, and the FOP clinging to the old ways," Foxx said in the video, pointing to the National Rifle Association and the Fraternal Order of Police. "They’ll do anything to undercut progress, including attacking me personally over the Jussie Smollett case."
Accused of staging a racist and anti-gay attack on himself in Chicago in January, Smollett was indicted on 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct in March. All charges against him were dropped later that month - a move critics claimed was special treatment by Foxx's office.

"Truth is, I didn’t handle it well," Foxx continued. "I own that. I’m making changes in my office to make sure we do better. That’s what reform is about."

And I'll guarantee that she will be re-elected ! It's the Crook county way !

· Registered
4,756 Posts
"Nothing is my fault" claims this Foxx woman, it sounds just like The Witch........................ On the other hand, if the people of Chicago re-elects her, then they deserve her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.