National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for my CCW today. Now I wait. Hopefully the 90 days doesn't take too long.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Cool.

I've had mine for a few year now.

One of the benefits in VA is the ability to buy more than one gun a month.

G

·
Good move Cake,
I feel that it's every person's duty to carry if able. Many on this forum carry and share my feelings. If the bad guys get the word that so many are carrying they may just quit their random assaults.
I am 65 and have carried since 21 when in places where it's allowed. I've never fired my handgun at a person but have displayed it numerous times. Display does not mean pointing. I pointed it once when a BG held a sharpened comb handle to my wife's throat.
My carry was a double action and I had the hammer almost back to the dropping point when he turned and ran. I now carry a 1911 locked and loaded- had I carried it then he'd be dead cause it doesn't take but a nudge to drop that hammer.
In retrospect I'm glad I didn't kill him- my LE friends say it's not a fun trip.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Good move. Nice to have that feeling of security that the firearm permit gives you, when you happen to end up in the middle of a situation or place that you did not intend to be. :)

I have never had to pull my gun but I have had my hand on the gun and was ready to take action on a couple of occasions. Its a nice feeling to know you have an alternative to being mugged or carjacked.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the call this evening. Going to pick it up tomorrow. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
That's great! Now you're a better citizen by excercising your constitutional rights, maximizing personal safety for you and your family, and others.
Remember to be discrete, stay proficient, and not be like the characters that flaunt huge guns while wearing a "make my day t-shirt", "insured by S&W" or have imflamitory bumper stickers. The cops and the courts will not take kindly to that kind of nonsense. Another advantage is also to defend against encounters with wildlife which seems to be on the increase. We have problems with wild dogs, black bears, and coyotes in my area. I'm also new to the forum.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
SUPER !! Congrats again !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts