National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Diffie died from complications of the Corona Virus. Get serious about this virus. He was 61.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have been in the house since Tuesday. I go to work and never go near anyone. I bring lunch. No going to stores. No visiting anyone. It’s getting serious. I loaded a few magazines today but left them on the safe. I’m not positioning guns yet but it could happen. The next two weeks are going to be trying to say the least. NY City is 30 miles away. It’s bad there and getting worse everyday. People are very worried. The media is only scarring the crap out of people.

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Yeah, very serious! I could not imagine living in NYC in good times, let alone now. 30 miles is too close! I just heard the president extended the guidelines until the end of April. It is going to be a tough month. Stay safe my friend!

We are blessed so far to live where the virus has so far done almost nothing, but we are more than seventy miles from any city, and Sioux Falls or Sioux City are puny compared to NYC. People are pretty spread out naturally here in farm country. But i am more concerned with people who are afraid and feeling desperate than this virus. Scared people do crazy things. Praying for you and good folks in your area: peace and health!

·
Registered
13,720 Posts
This virus is spreading like wildfire, thanks china. There was a doctor from the front lines on Watters World last night. He said they have learned, getting the virus through airborn contact is not likely. He said if you were in a small room with an infected person for 15 minutes, you'll probably get it. But walking by someone at the grocery store is more than likely not going to infect you. The main thing is touching something/someone with the virus on it, and touching your face is how it is passed. Washing your hands and not touching your face will keep you from getting it. That's what they have been saying all along, but the thing he said about it being airborn was comforting. I tough my face a lot, itching, picking my nose and ears. If I don't tough anything, I'll be ok, but if I do, wash, sanitize, over and over for a day til next time I go to the store. I'm wondering if the virus can transfer on second hand smoke. My neighbor smokes a lot, I can smell the smoke in my Florida room, just got me wondering.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you’re ok with the second hand smoke, at least not in my danger than before the virus. New Jersey has 20,000 cases as of this afternoon. Experts are saying we’ll have 200000 dead buy the time it’s over.
Our big concern right now is that my daughter is expecting our first grandchild at the end of May. Life goes on even though the world is fighting this.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think you’re ok with the second hand smoke, at least not in my danger than before the virus. New Jersey has 20,000 cases as of this afternoon. Experts are saying we’ll have 200000 dead buy the time it’s over.
Our big concern right now is that my daughter is expecting our first grandchild at the end of May. Life goes on even though the world is fighting this.

Good Luck to your daughter...Midwife at home unfortunate maybe only 'SAFE" place hospitals over crowded

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
".......... just heard the president extended the guidelines until the end of April."

Wow! That means all the cable news networks will make Gov. "Andy" Cuomo part of our "daily viewing fare" from New York, because New York is so relevant to all of us!

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
Then keep the broadcast "local", not national.

Just read that John Prine, his wife and Jackson Brown are all infected. Allen Merril, who wrote the song "I Love Rock & Roll" which became a hit for Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, has died from the virus.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Funny how the cult of personality is still strong.
When a celebrity gets sick, Oh my God what is happening.
When grandma gets sick, oh well.
I also hope that Stamps stays out of harms way.
I just wish the New Yorker's would be responsible enough to not travel to uninfected parts of the US.
I don't trust them to self quarantine themselves for 14 days when they get to the rural parts.

·
Jesus Saves
7,844 Posts
How devasting would it be if we have a national lockdown for 14 days. NO TRAVEL? If we allow transportation between cities, we are in fact spreading the disease. NYC is lke a country of its own. Not saying I ageree with that thought, but we do need to contain it. We banned travel from other countries, what about between states for 2 weeks?

How bad is that thought?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts