National Gun Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
A buddy of mine found an unintended way to field strip a Jennings 9 mm. He simply fired it, thats when the slide flew off the backside of the frame. He's kinda lucky it didn't hit him in the head or something worse yet.
lmao!

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You know this by experience?

D

·
0 Posts

here's a jimenez 9mm-sure has that "economic, might blow up in your face" look about it :biggrin5:

T

·
0 Posts
Jimenez......Jennings..... High Point same, same ALL CRAP and all give the legit manufacturers a bad name by making cheap pistols that end up on the black market due to pricing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kind of funny.i bought jimenez j.a. 380.my nine yr old shot it.i shot it with no problems,after a couple hundred rounds,shoots great.not happy about the warranty though.own hundreds of guns,and i gotta say for a little gun it was worth the $120.for those of you who bad mouth it,try it first then speak.Oh and read the owners manual,it will teach you how to strip it down.not rocket science,if you know about guns.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,779 Posts
Necro thread.

I'll say this as politely as I can.

I'm a gunsmith (retired). If you gave me one of these disasters waiting to happen, I'd give it back to you.

Buy a Hi-Point. They're uglier but they're better made and come with an excellent warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw some at the gunshow today, they wouldn't let us handle them, only look at them in the box. For the price, I am going to bet they are not going to be a very reliable piece. They have a lifetime warranty, but you have to send the receipt in with it for repairs. And it looks like it is up to them if it gets covered under warranty or not. This is my personal view of these guns. I guess I would like to know if any one has actually owned one and how it performed. It was right at $160.00 for a NIB 9mm.
Absolutely not a reliable nor safe weapon. It is a weapon however as it does have a spotty chance of firing a round. Like when mine went off on it's own and you guessed it, I was hit and I was so mad that I didn't even care just wanted to kill this thing. At this moment however, I can't even get it to fire...it just won't. Thought about bringing it to a gunsmith but I doubt any respectable gunsmith would touch it so now I have a pistol for a paperweight. I would send it back to the maker but the receipt is faded and they went out of business in February 2020 on top of it where I haven't picked this thing up since it went off on its own other than to unload it until last week when someone was crazy enough to want to buy it and I let them handle it with live ammunition. It didn't fire ,I unloaded it again and said forget it, NO WAY! The model I have bought to be banned and sent back for a rebate check $$$ $100 bucks would be enough for me as I paid $240 after tax brand new. Hope this reply/ rant helps someone get an idea of these relics.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
YUP Jennings, Bryco, Raven, Boa, Jimenez....What most wont tell the truth on YES will Kill and do a fine job if maintained. Most call em Jamomatics. I steered clear for years finally caved one day got a Boa (Raven) for $35 about 22 years later I have had no issues of course I maintain it and have not abused it maybe 600-800 rounds through it in 22 years not a 1000 a month.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Save money on clothes, at Goodwill, or food, at Aldi, or used stuff, at the Flea Market. But firearms are a
notoriously bad thing to get all stingy with.

A decent firearm, over the life of the gun, will run you perhaps a nickel, a day, more. Ultimately, you won't be staring at your firearm, with regret, and thinking, "Yanno, for 75$ more, I could have had a Ruger..."

21 - 39 of 39 Posts