National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Monica Showalter

It's kind of tough being Jim Acosta.

After four years of badgering President Trump at White House news conferences, and raking in bucks off book deals because of it, CNN's ex-White House correspondent has now got ... 'post-Trump stress disorder,' he told CNN 'Reliable Sources' host Brian Stelter (the toilet guy).

He made these remarks in the context of Stelter asking him how he felt about being shunted to a CNN weekend slot in the aftermath of his very noisy stint as White House correspondent, where most of his 'scoops' were news items about himself.

According to Mediaite, he responded this way:
I think we’re all dealing with some post-Trump stress disorder…There are questions about why aren’t Republicans getting on board with these Biden proposals. There were Republicans getting on board with overturning the election just a couple of months ago, so we shouldn’t have high expectations for that. But in terms of stacking shows and what comes first, what comes second, Brian, you and I both know this all too well. We did cover the news before Donald Trump came along and we did it pretty well. There’s going to be plenty of stuff in the news and it doesn’t have to have Donald Trump in the headlines for us to continue to exist.
He's shell-shocked. He's traumatized by Trump, same as military veterans are to horrific battles. Now, he's a survivor. Or rather, a victim, and in need of lots of therapy, perhaps. Trump, after all, was the enemy.

It's as obnoxious and stupid and self-regarding a response as anything he ever said during his time badgering President Trump, except that now Trump just exists as a ghost dancing around in his head.

It calls to mind what veteran old-school ABC newsman Ted Koppel had to say to Stelter (who commiserated with Acosta not too long ago), according to Fox News:

While on stage for a National Press Club panel discussion, Koppel attempted to make a point that many media executives admit Trump is good for ratings, as viewers on both sides of the aisle tune in to see the round-the-clock drama unfold.
Stelter responded by asking, “That means what? If ratings are up, that means what?”

Koppel – who anchored ABC News’ “Nightline” for 25 years and has been a working journalist for over four decades -- quickly answered.
“The ratings are up, it means you can’t do without Donald Trump. You would be lost without Donald Trump,” Koppel said as Stelter shook his head in disagreement.
“Ted, you know that’s not true,” Stelter said.
“CNN’s ratings would be in the toilet without Donald Trump,” Koppel said as the audience laughed.
“You know that’s not true. You’re playing for laughs,” Stelter shot back before explaining it would be “Okay” if CNN lost significant viewership during the next administration.
That theme again. Trump lives rent-free inside the heads of these morons, and now that Trump has exited the stage, creatures like Acosta and Stelter don't know what to do with themselves. Their ratings are down, which makes them less popular with the executives, and the dancing monkey acts are no longer being put forth in the prime-time slot. The news is no longer about themselves now, it's about Joe Biden. Acosta at least, who's known as 'dumb' among the White House press corps I talk to, has been put out to pasture, no longer ready for prime time, and sure enough, he's doing what he always does, which is whine.

Dear Diary: Trump is gone. I am traumatized. Signed, Jim.

This is embarassing. It not only makes CNN look terrible for its choice of correspondents during the Trump era, it makes these characters themselves look terrible, too. They now stand exposed as losers, people who had been used as performing seals to draw the cameras to themselves, the better to keep the news of Trump's achievements out of the news
. Now they are useless in the sorry era of Joe Biden because making the story about themselves doesn't support the idea of advancing the Democrat agenda. And CNN's ratings are indeed down.

And, as Koppel said, their ratings are now in the toilet without Trump. Stelter acted as though that wasn't a problem for these guys, but trust me, it is.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Does he want us to send him some cheese, to have with his whine? Snot-nosed brats like this guy think they can run the country? They can't even run their own life.

"PTSD", from being a domestic reporter? Really?

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
Acosta and Stelter can ESAD for al I care. I never watched either one of them. Acosta and his rude behavior and Stelter and his shiteatin grin.

Alan

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They have no idea, of how their whiney lamentations water down the meaning of terms, in the language.
EVERYTHING's racist, so in effect, the term has lost all meaning.

"I got PTSD, just from firing a 223, at a rifle range, eee-yee-yee !"

These cake-eaters have a serious lack of trial and tribulation, in their life.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
By Monica Showalter

It's kind of tough being Jim Acosta.

After four years of badgering President Trump at White House news conferences, and raking in bucks off book deals because of it, CNN's ex-White House correspondent has now got ... 'post-Trump stress disorder,' he told CNN 'Reliable Sources' host Brian Stelter (the toilet guy).

He made these remarks in the context of Stelter asking him how he felt about being shunted to a CNN weekend slot in the aftermath of his very noisy stint as White House correspondent, where most of his 'scoops' were news items about himself.

According to Mediaite, he responded this way:

He's shell-shocked. He's traumatized by Trump, same as military veterans are to horrific battles. Now, he's a survivor. Or rather, a victim, and in need of lots of therapy, perhaps. Trump, after all, was the enemy.

It's as obnoxious and stupid and self-regarding a response as anything he ever said during his time badgering President Trump, except that now Trump just exists as a ghost dancing around in his head.

It calls to mind what veteran old-school ABC newsman Ted Koppel had to say to Stelter (who commiserated with Acosta not too long ago), according to Fox News:

While on stage for a National Press Club panel discussion, Koppel attempted to make a point that many media executives admit Trump is good for ratings, as viewers on both sides of the aisle tune in to see the round-the-clock drama unfold.

That theme again. Trump lives rent-free inside the heads of these morons, and now that Trump has exited the stage, creatures like Acosta and Stelter don't know what to do with themselves. Their ratings are down, which makes them less popular with the executives, and the dancing monkey acts are no longer being put forth in the prime-time slot. The news is no longer about themselves now, it's about Joe Biden. Acosta at least, who's known as 'dumb' among the White House press corps I talk to, has been put out to pasture, no longer ready for prime time, and sure enough, he's doing what he always does, which is whine.

Dear Diary: Trump is gone. I am traumatized. Signed, Jim.

This is embarassing. It not only makes CNN look terrible for its choice of correspondents during the Trump era, it makes these characters themselves look terrible, too. They now stand exposed as losers, people who had been used as performing seals to draw the cameras to themselves, the better to keep the news of Trump's achievements out of the news
. Now they are useless in the sorry era of Joe Biden because making the story about themselves doesn't support the idea of advancing the Democrat agenda. And CNN's ratings are indeed down.

And, as Koppel said, their ratings are now in the toilet without Trump. Stelter acted as though that wasn't a problem for these guys, but trust me, it is.

OK. Seriously,
did someone actually say the press avoided telling any of Trump's achievements ??? Well golly, maybe there weren't any !!! Let's go down memory lane and check off some items :

Undermine NATO; check
Undermine the UN; check
Undermine the WHO; check
Undermine the whole vaccine COVID response (told the world he had millions of vaccines in reserve) Uhhhh, maybe people wont notice that on my exit; check
Build a wall for the south border and Mexico will pay for it; Not so much. The Mexican president informed Trump; "Go pound sand Trumpy" If you trump supporters may have noticed that a fund to go the issues with the military; check "Hey GI, sorry that your base housing sucks, but those millions went to build a wall"

OK. I could go on and list a lot more, but it's off subject, so Adios and sorry...........

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
The base housing can't be too bad, they are being used to house thousands of illegals.....

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
OK. Seriously,
did someone actually say the press avoided telling any of Trump's achievements ??? Well golly, maybe there weren't any !!! Let's go down memory lane and check off some items :

Undermine NATO; check
Undermine the UN; check
Undermine the WHO; check
Undermine the whole vaccine COVID response (told the world he had millions of vaccines in reserve) Uhhhh, maybe people wont notice that on my exit; check
Build a wall for the south border and Mexico will pay for it; Not so much. The Mexican president informed Trump; "Go pound sand Trumpy" If you trump supporters may have noticed that a fund to go the issues with the military; check "Hey GI, sorry that your base housing sucks, but those millions went to build a wall"

OK. I could go on and list a lot more, but it's off subject, so Adios and sorry...........

If having other countries pay their fare share into NATO is undermining then yes he certainly undermined NATO. Same for the UN.
WHO is controlled by China which became very apparent with covid. but yeah it's Trumps fault.
Trump paid for millions of vaccine doses well in advance before the trials even started per operation Warp Speed. He even said it was a risk he was taking and that if the vaccines failed we would lose out but it was a risk worth taking. It's not up to Trump to actually manufacture the vaccines, it was up to the companies that took the money. Did you think Trump had a lab in the White House basement making them himself?
Funny the dems wouldn't give up a few billion for the wall but have no problem spending many more billions caring for illegals via health care, schooling, food, housing, transportation. Funny how in CA illegals are getting in person schooling but U.S. citizens can't because of the teachers unions. Funny how the dems and the media bashed Trump for putting kids in obama era "cages" but now that they are way over crowded in those same cages during a pandemic they are silent. How come AOC isn't down there taking a photo op crying like last time? How come our northern border is all but closed yet our southern border is being overrun by illegals during this pandemic and you have no problems? How some many states had all kinds of travel restrictions/quarantines between states yet the feds are shipping these illegals all over the country? How come dems have a problem with states refusing to follow or enforce federal gun laws but sanctuary cites set up to not follow Federal immigration laws are perfectly fine?

Reactions: mini14 and Wag

·
Registered
9 Posts
If having other countries pay their fare share into NATO is undermining then yes he certainly undermined NATO. Same for the UN.
WHO is controlled by China which became very apparent with covid. but yeah it's Trumps fault.
Trump paid for millions of vaccine doses well in advance before the trials even started per operation Warp Speed. He even said it was a risk he was taking and that if the vaccines failed we would lose out but it was a risk worth taking. It's not up to Trump to actually manufacture the vaccines, it was up to the companies that took the money. Did you think Trump had a lab in the White House basement making them himself?
Funny the dems wouldn't give up a few billion for the wall but have no problem spending many more billions caring for illegals via health care, schooling, food, housing, transportation. Funny how in CA illegals are getting in person schooling but U.S. citizens can't because of the teachers unions. Funny how the dems and the media bashed Trump for putting kids in obama era "cages" but now that they are way over crowded in those same cages during a pandemic they are silent. How come AOC isn't down there taking a photo op crying like last time? How come our northern border is all but closed yet our southern border is being overrun by illegals during this pandemic and you have no problems? How some many states had all kinds of travel restrictions/quarantines between states yet the feds are shipping these illegals all over the country? How come dems have a problem with states refusing to follow or enforce federal gun laws but sanctuary cites set up to not follow Federal immigration laws are perfectly fine?

So you think its ok to raid a fund intended to improve the life of military of our men/women services ?? Because congress wouldn't give him money for his wall ?? Where was the money coming from next ??

PS - I used to be a lifelong card carrying Republican voter. Straight ticket whether I knew anything about the guy or not. I even voted for Trump against Hilary Clinton. HaHaHaHa !! jokes on me I guess !!!!! After watching Trump for 4 years dispensing grief and dissent, and other sorts of things, I voted for Biden, and put the 2nd Amendment in the hands of of our federal senators, and supreme court.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Do i think it's wrong to take money from the military? Sure but i think it's more wrong that the dems flat out refused money for the wall to secure our border. I watched 4 years of the dems and the media bashing Trump no matter what he did. The kids in "cages" was a perfect example. Was never a problem under obama who built them and now it doesnt seem to be a problem under biden even though they are something like 700% capacity during a pandemic. Under Trump is was a media bashing event that lasted for months along with members of congress going there for tear jerking photo ops. You voted for biden and gun control executive orders.....

Reactions: Wag

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Just some of President Trump's accomplishments while in office.

1. Executive order enacted Jan. 1, 2021 requiring hospitals to provide medical prices to patients upfront so they can shop around.
2. Reversing the ascent of the Islamic extremist terrorist group ISIS.
3. “Most Favored Nation” executive order so that the U.S. (through Medicare) would pay no more for a drug than what’s offered to foreign countries, saving the U.S. an estimated “$85 billion in savings over seven years and $30 billion in out-of-pocket costs.”
4. Moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to the capital of Jerusalem.
5. Building more than 450 miles of new and replacement border wall.
6. Leading U.S. to a level of energy independence (exporting more oil than importing for the first time in 70 years), allowing international policy decisions to be made with less regard to how an oil nation we once relied on would respond.
7. No new wars.
8. Drastic reduction in regulations, opening the door for entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed, expand, and hire more people. According to the Trump administration, they promised to eliminate two regulations for every new one, but actually wound up eliminating 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted, equating into an extra $3,100 a year for the average American household.
9. Expanding Republican reach among African Americans and other constituents who traditionally lean Democrat.
10. Cutting taxes in an initiative that benefitted every tax bracket.
11. Doubled the child tax credit.
12. Operation Warp Speed: accelerated development of coronavirus vaccines.
13. Eliminated the Obamacare penalty.
14. A series of trade agreements and changes seen as beneficial to Americans, including replacing NAFTA with USMCA.
15. Instead of 2-for-1, we eliminated 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted.
16. Provided the average American household an extra $3,100 every year.
17. Started the Space Force.
18. Instituted “Right to Try,” allowing terminally ill patients to use potentially lifesaving, unproven treatments.
19. Prioritized and made permanent funding for historically black colleges.
20. Brokered peace deals or normalization agreements between Israel and five Muslim and Arab-Muslim countries.
21. Banned the teaching of “Critical Race Theory” in the federal government.
22. Withdrew from Iran nuclear deal.
23. Withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord.
24. Instituted a Buy American policy within federal agencies.
25. Achieved a $400 billion increase in contributions by NATO allies by 2024 with the number of members meeting their minimum obligations doubling.

I can add to this list if required.

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
Not required but always nice to hear.

--Wag--

1 - 17 of 17 Posts