National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me about the Jennings J-22 pistol? I recently got one from a friend and i know nothing about them. Websites, history, what their worth, reliable, etc.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Jennings makes very cheap, poorly-made & unsafe guns. (Google may not provide that info). If you shoot it, you'll find that it has a very short life & that's actually a good thing because that makes an accident less likely. There is no firing pin safety which makes them prone to firing if dropped. Many of the parts are made of zinc, which is brittle & cracks easily. The price of the gun is the first clue to what you're getting. There is no way to make a decent gun for the price of a Jennings. You'd be doing your eyes & face a big favor by not firing it.

3 Hurt in Shooting Range Accident | TheLedger.com

·
Guns Gear & Freedom
285 Posts
Can someone tell me about the Jennings J-22 pistol? I recently got one from a friend and i know nothing about them. Websites, history, what their worth, reliable, etc.
You will find good information in my video review of the Bryco/Jimenez Arms Jennings J-22 Video Review. Also having a shooters package giveaway on my channel to those that want to participate. Anyways check out the video and hope it helps somewhat.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Every Gun is "UNSAFE" in the wrong hands Have had a few Jennings, Bryco and Raven, Still have one left my dad owned good plinker, self defense in the right hands. "Glock" has Maimed more than a Jennings...Safe Action hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I had a J22 years go. I got rid of it because of the size, safety and inability to hit a phone booth from the inside. I think it’s the only gun I ever sold that at some point didn’t get sellers remorse.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
low price weapon for folks who cold not afford more or better.....

the firing pin will break if you dry fire it too much. the manual safety is not to my liking. There are probably tens of thousands of them out there that are loaded and kept in the sock drawer and may never see a gun range for practice.....in those regards it will last forever.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,779 Posts
"the firing pin will break if you dry fire it too much."

And once may be too much.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You may be able to gauge the quality of your friend, from this transaction, also. How much
does this friend know about guns? Did he charge you money for it? (rhetorical questions, reply isn't really needed)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts