National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After WWII, My Great Grandfather Brought home many trophies from battlefields in the Pacific. One of these trophies was a Japanese Type 96 Machine Gun. I have never seen the weapon with my own eyes, and all I know is that it has sat in an attic for 60+ years, and it has had it's firing mechanism and magazine removed. The weapon currently technically belongs to my Grandfather. Does anyone know the legality of such a weapon in Washington State? Keep in mind it is disabled, and it was brought here far before 1994. Would it be possible to use as a collection/display piece? Thanks for any info!

·
Super Moderator
14,628 Posts
With the thought in mind that anything that happens on the internet, stays on the internet....

I would, if I were you (and I'm glad I'm not), run some damage control on any like posts that existed on the aforementioned permanent internet thingy, and contact a lawyer knowledgable in federal and Washington state gun laws. They will advise you in the most prudent action to take from this point on...

Alan

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Check messages ;)

Edit: For the OP's sake the thread should be deleted

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
With the thought in mind that anything that happens on the internet, stays on the internet....

I would, if I were you (and I'm glad I'm not), run some damage control on any like posts that existed on the aforementioned permanent internet thingy, and contact a lawyer knowledgable in federal and Washington state gun laws. They will advise you in the most prudent action to take from this point on...

Alan
Removing parts is not disabled. If it wasn't registered prior to 1986, you might have a serious problem; WA has passed some quirky gun laws recently as well to consider.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
It's a shame he didn't take part in the machinegun amnesty in 1968....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.