National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fresh from the CDC:

Firearm Deaths Grow, Disparities Widen | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

New analysis shows firearm homicide rates grew nearly 35% from 2019 to 2020, with disparities by race/ethnicity and poverty level widening, and firearm suicide rates remaining high

Among the key findings for firearm homicides:

• Rates increased for both males and females, but more notably among males.
  • The highest rates and increases occurred among non-Hispanic Black persons.
  • Rates increased across the country in large and small metro areas, as well as non-metro and rural areas.
  • Rates were higher and showed larger increases in counties with higher poverty levels.
Among the key findings for firearm suicides:

• The overall rate remained nearly level between 2019 and 2020.
  • Rates increased most notably among non-Hispanic AI/AN males aged 10–44 years old.
  • Overall, rates were highest at the highest poverty level and lowest at the lowest poverty level.
  • Non-metro and rural areas experienced the highest rates.
"A comprehensive approach is needed to help reduce firearm-related deaths. Strategies that focus on underlying conditions can reduce disparities and the risk for violence while also strengthening protective factors at the individual, family, and community levels. Some actions can have a more immediate impact on preventing violence, and others can be long-term solutions."

They used the key words "underlying conditions" so we might need to put the VP on it doggonit. I was looking for where the solution is less guns but to their credit it wasn't a conclusion. Young black males seem to be affected the most so BLM might have to be called into action too. I also didn't see where CDC recommended or mandated isolating people and masks mandates contributed to the increase although I think it was a factor.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
28,596 Posts
Of course. When liberals let criminals walk out of jail, with little or no bail, hand out minimal sentences, and don't bother trying to uphold the law, what does anyone expect will happen? This is all apart of the left's agenda to ban firearms ..... crime is up, the only way to stop crime is to ban firearms ..... same bullsh*t, different day. They tried this tactic several times in the past ..... anyone remember the 'fast and furious' scandal?

·
AZHerper
5,782 Posts
Of course. When liberals let criminals walk out of jail, with little or no bail, hand out minimal sentences, and don't bother trying to uphold the law, what does anyone expect will happen? This is all apart of the left's agenda to ban firearms ..... crime is up, the only way to stop crime is to ban firearms ..... same bullsh*t, different day. They tried this tactic several times in the past ..... anyone remember the 'fast and furious' scandal?
Amen!

·
Registered
7,670 Posts

The closer it gets to election time, the more "stuff" we'll see. They're in the planning & testing stage right now.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
The annual suicide rate in the U.S. is over 14 deaths per 100,000 population.

• The suicide rate is four times higher for males than females.
  • In the United States, male deaths make up almost 80% of all suicide deaths.
  • Suicide is attempted three times as often by females; women are also more likely to have suicidal thoughts.
  • Firearms are the most common cause of death for males.
  • Poisoning is the most common cause of death for females.
  • Lesbian, gay, and bisexual kids are three times more likely to attempt suicide than heterosexual kids.
  • 41% of trans adults attempt suicide.
  • The suicide rate is 1.8 times higher in rural areas than in urban areas.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For this years gun suicide stats you can add Naomi Judd and that Alabama prison guard that helped the murderer escape. Unless of course they test positive for covid then of course it's a covid death. I think the CDC might put them down for both if that was the case.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A: what is the center for DISEASE control doing compiling anything about firearms? I wasn't aware that firearms were a disease.

B: I wouldn't trust the C.D.C. to give me the correct time of day, let alone anything they may say about guns, cars, cows, disease........................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts