National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same worries that a lot of you have about carrying something with a trigger safety like my Glock but it isnt easy to find one with a safety. Im thinking of buying a CZ Rami which i love but CZ is one of the few that still make a thumb safety. Any thoughts or suggestions on others with a real safety.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
S&W and IMI Baby Eagle (CZ modified clone). What's wrong with the lever safety on a H&K or a Beretta?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
How about a fun little compact Kimber, 1911 45 acp with the cocked and locked positive safety system. Flat to carry and will put down most bad guys with a very positive slap. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Springfield just came out with an XD-45 with a thumb safety. I'm not sure if they will be offering it in any other calibers though.

+1 on the Kimber

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
All 1911s
Most H&Ks
The vast majority of S&Ws
Many Berettas
Some Taurus offerings
Most Tanfoglio offerings
Most Rugers
Many CZs
Those are pistols with thumb safeties. There are probably more. This list is off the top of my head.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taurus Mil Pro series
Stoeger Cougar
Kimber
Walther

**I forgot Bersa**

These are just the guns that I have experience with.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
blp5172 said:
Im thinking of buying a CZ Rami which i love but CZ is one of the few that still make a thumb safety. Any thoughts or suggestions on others with a real safety.

Just a quick question, have you tried the Rami? The reason I ask is that I was set on buying one until I held it at the gun store. I'm a woman and was looking for a gun with a smaller, comfortable grip, and though the Rami would fit the bill. I found it a little too small and did not like the way my pinkie finger didn't quite fit on the grip. I went with the P-01 instead, and don't regret it for a minute. It has the decocking lever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SheNine said:
blp5172 said:
Im thinking of buying a CZ Rami which i love but CZ is one of the few that still make a thumb safety. Any thoughts or suggestions on others with a real safety.

Just a quick question, have you tried the Rami? The reason I ask is that I was set on buying one until I held it at the gun store. I'm a woman and was looking for a gun with a smaller, comfortable grip, and though the Rami would fit the bill. I found it a little too small and did not like the way my pinkie finger didn't quite fit on the grip. I went with the P-01 instead, and don't regret it for a minute. It has the decocking lever.
SheNine,
I have not held the Rami yet, im going by looks and brand alone - i have never bought a gun without really thinking it over so i do plan on shooting one before i purchase but thanks for the heads up.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
blp5172 said:
SheNine,
I have not held the Rami yet, im going by looks and brand alone - i have never bought a gun without really thinking it over so i do plan on shooting one before i purchase but thanks for the heads up.

No problem! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a Taurus Millenium pt 140. It's the pro series .40 caliber. It has a thumb safety. I love the gun. It's the smaller version and very concealable. not too haevy and the grip is quite comfortable for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts