National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to the range to scope in a little rifle I picked up.
While there I saw a young father teaching his 3 daughters how to shoot property with everything from a Bushmaster to several handguns. I donated some targets to the cause when I finished sighting in as I had bought a package. I believe Dad was active duty Army (we have a base here). I served here myself a lifetime ago ('67-68).
Takes me back to when I taught my kids to shoot. Something I wish everyone would do with their kids.
Maybe if more realized what they can do and just how they operate we would have less problems out there.
I am afraid that someday we will lose the right to carry. In many states and areas you can't now.
My permit was taken away in CA. They determined that I did not need it anymore. Carried anyway.
Had permits in two other states from time to time.
Here we have open carry without a CCW of course and I have never applied for a permit in AZ.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
keninaz said:
Yesterday I went to the range to scope in a little rifle I picked up.
While there I saw a young father teaching his 3 daughters how to shoot property with everything from a Bushmaster to several handguns. I donated some targets to the cause when I finished sighting in as I had bought a package. I believe Dad was active duty Army (we have a base here). I served here myself a lifetime ago ('67-68).
Takes me back to when I taught my kids to shoot. Something I wish everyone would do with their kids.
Maybe if more realized what they can do and just how they operate we would have less problems out there.
I am afraid that someday we will lose the right to carry. In many states and areas you can't now.
My permit was taken away in CA. They determined that I did not need it anymore. Carried anyway.
Had permits in two other states from time to time.
Here we have open carry without a CCW of course and I have never applied for a permit in AZ.

I agree, it is darn nice to see the shooting sports carried down to the next generation. The war in Irag and Afgan is cycling a lot of young people through the military right now and thats a good thing for gun owners. Many of them are coming back with an understanding about firearms and gun safety. They no longer fear firearms and many get into the shooting sports. Its a sad thing in some ways but I think a Draft is good for Americas second amendment, because it forces all Americans to get some military training and learn about firearms. But alas we have no draft.

I taught my son to use firearms at a very young age. He is proficient and a very good shot.

G

·
If every person/parent was proactive in teaching shooting and gun safety we would have a lot of clout as a population. Totay at church I was sitting in the car cooling it down for wifey when beautiful sixteen year old Jamie walked out with her boyfriend.
I smiled inwardly as I transposed her to Jamie the shooter, with her ported Baretta semi, busting doves on a fall afternoon, and Jamie the equestrian with her wall of ribbons and trophies from showing their family passion, breeding and training Morgans.

I'm glad the sterotypes are crashing down, one by one; from teacher, nurse, secretary, home maker to college professor, doctor, corporate officer, hunter.

One breed of men I have no use for are the male chauvinists. Years ago when I entered management for a large company I filled the first two technical openings with women, to the hoots and jeers of some males- "you'll go crashing down in flames."
The following years my numbers were up 30% and I got a nice promotion. My office manager erected a plaque in the meeting room.
To perform satisfactory a woman has to do twice the job as a man- fortunately this is not difficult as once thought.

You go girls :-B-:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
whompuss said:
You go girls :-B-:
;) Someone buy this man a beer!!!

We involve both out kids in handgun use, and care. Today my son is considering purchasing his first handgun, and my daughter has already taken as her own, my Beretta Jetfire......

There's nothing more fun than a family day at the range!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I recently started to shoot on a trap league. Last week my team was shooting next to a youth group. My team captain told me to watch one girl inparticullar. He told me she was 9 years old. She was shooting doubles. Come to find out this "kid" allready has a sponsorship from Fiochi. I thought I was doing well just hitting 18 out of 25 shooting singles. I happened to look at the boards at the end of the day and noticed that she was 191 of 200.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Some of my kids shoot regularly, one dosen't shoot much at all. But they all know how!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts