National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snow geese are hitting the farmers fields looking for some scraps. The daily limit is 25 right now but in a week or so it goes no daily and no season limit with up to 8 rounds in you’re shotgun. The trouble with hunting these geese is that decoys are effective about 10% of the time and you’re spread has to be a minimum of 500-1000 decoys to even get a look.
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Plant Landscape
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Plant Landscape

This flock was on the farm next to our lease. I would guess about 3000+ birds
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Natural landscape

· Salmon Slayer
1,221 Posts
Where is that at @Stamps6? I need to make it out for a snow goose hunt soon.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
The snow geese are hitting the farmers fields looking for some scraps. The daily limit is 25 right now but in a week or so it goes no daily and no season limit with up to 8 rounds in you’re shotgun. The trouble with hunting these geese is that decoys are effective about 10% of the time and you’re spread has to be a minimum of 500-1000 decoys to even get a look.
View attachment 147161 View attachment 147162 View attachment 147161
This flock was on the farm next to our lease. I would guess about 3000+ birds View attachment 147162
Can you put out corn as bait?

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t think it’s legal but they don’t seem to land where there’s more natural farm spillage.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lease we have is right along the Delaware River. I can see the River from my favorite treestand. These geese follow the water up and down in their migration. They were protected when I was a kid and now they want you to shoot as many as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts