National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Live Free
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not shot much distance with handguns in several years, partly because of degrading eyesight and partly because of weakened physical condition for a couple years. Anyhow, I decided to shoot up some .44 ammo that was sorta old, and while doing so, I thought it might be fun to see if I could hit anything at a distance. So I stuck a paper plate with a 2” sticky target up at 100 and gave it a whirl. To some degree I was pleasantly surprised, though not real impressed. The old girl still shoots straight, but the guy behind the trigger...well, not so much. But it was enough fun that I might try it again fairly soon...

6C4400F4-E54A-4BDC-8413-3448B67AF1CD.jpeg

Last week I was trying some new loads with the 10mm. After I tweaked the sights slightly it looked pretty good at 25 yards.
4FDB5BA0-0855-4308-9FC0-3787CF1790F8.jpeg

Some me days I just feel blessed to be able to get close...

·
Aim true !
11,981 Posts
Nice shooting! Can't complain about that. My RIA 10MM really likes the Bayou bullets 175 grain semi wad cutters.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
I suck. I couldn’t do that at 20 yards! I just don’t shoot handguns very much. I’m still good enough with the shotgun and rifle to drop what ever is within the guns range.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
that 44 ought to knock the steel rams down at 100..............:thumbsup:

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a nice Super Blackhawk and the shooting ain't too bad for 100 yards!:thumbsup:
Thanks. It is a good old revolver...owned it for forty plus years; shoots better than I do. I used to be pretty good with it. I missed a half dozen rounds at that plate...close but no cigar. I think I am getting old...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts