National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other M&P's release the slide immediately when I pull the trigger. The 4.5" 45 full size I have requires a lot of wiggling. Is this normal for full size and if not what is causing it?

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
It will loosen up as it breaks in. Some of my semis were like that at 1st.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's already broken in unfortunately, so that would not be the issue. It's a swat service pistol retired. Just in really good shape.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
My 9mm M&P Compact requires me to use a device in the grip to move a little lever in the action; if I don't removing the slide is almost impossible. Does this have that same thing?

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
Ahh ok then maybe it is just the way that model is. Maybe someone here has the same gun and can help too. Im curious myself.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
My gun has the interchangeable backstraps, There is a tool that is in the bottom of the grip that holds the backstrap on and is also used to take the gun down. I do not know if that model does as well, but it sure looks like it. What does the owner's manual say?

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Or see if this works:

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
That doesn't look normal to me.

There is a little sear disconnect lever in the mag well that you can push down with the tool in the grip... you can also dry fire. Both will accomplish the exact same thing. I don't use the tool personally.
None of my M&Ps do what the OP's is doing. Pull back the slide>rotate take down>release slide>fire>slide slides off.

Does it act any different of you push down the sear disconnect as has been suggested?

All that said, I don't know that what yours is doing would bother me too much. How does it function otherwise?

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speed, it works great. I don't actually know what parts must align for that to release so I'm trying to figure out what those are. My other M&P break free instantly as you'd expect so this didn't feel right. I'll replace whatever is the issue if I figure out what it is. I suspect it's one of the springs.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok, i have half my answer. Notice the lines that line up when the take down lever is up vs the forward movement when the lever is down. When I pull the slide back to line up where it should be, it releases. That’s the effect causing the issue, now what controls that?

The effect being, the trigger bar is missing the button.

20200107_223945.jpg

20200107_223906.jpg

Attachments

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
What happens when the sear disconnect lever is pushed down in the magwell instead of dry firing?

mp9brian3.jpg

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
You can try spreading out the trigger bar loop a little. Be conservative as to not break it.
As far as the slide moving forward when the take down lever is down.., I just check 3 of my M&P's and every one of them does that so I'd call it normal.

Reactions: One1

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take down lever works as it should. Just annoying to use and takes longer.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything is working so I’m stumped. It all depends on where the Slide is. I have other m&p here so i have working references.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The only thing i see different in the two M&P I’ve pulled out is how far the trigger pushes back. It’s nearly all the way on the one that works correctly (shield 9mm 2.0). On the 45, which is a 1.0 it only goes about 85% up the trigger bar loop. The problem is the 2.0 trigger and 1.0 trigger differential which may be part of the changes they made. In this case I’d have to move the trigger loop back towards the sear to make it ride higher and that may not be the issue nor how the 1.0 setup works. Idk. It doesn’t seem to be the issue because both level the sear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
And some have the gall to ask why I wont own another M&P and the fact Smith/Wesson is aware just adds to my dislike....Unless of course it is a "Performance Center",then S&W becomes real jerk off`s

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I have zero issue with my M&P 2.0 Compact and taking it down. The manual is very explicit and easy to follow. It is also very accurate

Reactions: Speed
1 - 18 of 18 Posts