National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently stumbled upon an old gun we had, it was covered in paint and camo tape. I noticed it looked like a yugo 48 or a k98 but after clenaing it I noticed these markings and I was hoping someone could help me place where this gun was made.

·
Registered
541 Posts
We need a clearer shot of the crest and barrel writing. Looks like a Persian Mauser 8x57. Less glare on barrel markings and crest will reveal whether it's Brno made 98/29 or Iranian arsenal made with Skoda tooling. Both nice varieties of the 98 but the Brno made rifles are highly sought after. Again, better pics please.

On the Persian Mauser

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need a clearer shot of the crest and barrel writing. Looks like a Persian Mauser 8x57. Less glare on barrel markings and crest will reveal whether it's Brno made 98/29 or Iranian arsenal made with Skoda tooling. Both nice varieties of the 98 but the Brno made rifles are highly sought after. Again, better pics please.

On the Persian Mauser
Whenever I get home later I will try to get a clearer shot but if it helps the Crest is a lion with the sun behind it and a crown above it. I didn't see any markings on the barrel but I will look again.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It’s definitely a Persian Mauser. Any barrel markings and better shots of the receiver will help identify whether a Brno or Iranian arsenal made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts