National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
They are the same thing. From what I understand is the correct term is 'double/single' or 'DA/SA', due to the sequence of firing. The first shot is a double action because the hammer is cocked by the trigger pull, then released. The following sequential shots are single action because the only action is that of releasing the hammer.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
Much obliged, Mad Scientist. :thumbsup:

Gotta wonder why Beretta would say it like that, which goes against the sequence.
It's probably more of whoever takes care of Beretta's advertising, than Beretta.

Reactions: bigPicture

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Yep, it's not because you advertise guns that you're a gun expert

Reactions: Mad Scientist

· Registered
1,831 Posts
D/A S/A is also descriptive of being able to cock hammer with one in chamber and having that S/A trigger pull verses the D/A long and heavy. However some find it better for D/A-S/A carry with a dropped hammer. Verses the S/A Cocked/Locked or revolver S/A where one has to draw and cock hammer with a revolver D/A draw squeeze trigger the D/A. However I find it counter productive D/A on a revolver trigger Pull is 9-14 pounds I`d rather draw/cock revolver D/A-S/A is best for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.