National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick legal question for yall. I live in upstate NY and Im looking to purchase the AK47 ive been eyeing for some time now. I am aware of but unclear on the NY laws regarding the pistol grip. Like on my ar15 i have the thordson because the spur grip is meh. The AK i am looking at has the wrap that goes on the pistol grip that prevents you from putting your thumb around the pistol grip and comes with a 10 round magazine. Is this rifle NY compliant? Thanks!

·
Aim true !
11,656 Posts
I suggest calling your sheriffs office.

·
Aim true !
11,656 Posts
Well that just sucks.

·
Aim true !
11,656 Posts
Ahhh good find. Wonder what is so bad about a pistol grip anyways.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,066 Posts
Ya want a NY state compliant AK? Visit several different gun stores licensed to do business in NY state. They will only sell NY compliant firearms. Its their business. They cannot afford to make one mistake.

Discount and forget everything you read/see on the internet.

Reactions: Jim T.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
^ ^ ^Oh...I can answer that one. Any gun with a pistol grip is much more deadly than one without! (sarcasm!!!)

·
Registered
19,539 Posts
Pistol grips and bayonet lugs imbue firearms with "uncontrollable evil minds of their own". Every DEMOCRAT knows that!

·
Registered
14,552 Posts
Pistol grips and bayonet lugs imbue firearms with "uncontrollable evil minds of their own". Every DEMOCRAT knows that!
You think they are bad you should see what a flash hider is capable of!

Seriously though take popeyes advice and buy one at a local gun shop and you wont have to worry. Saiga makes one with a traditional style stock that can be had in at least 3 different calibers.
Where upstate are you, maybe i can lead you to a decent dealer.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Gun Laws don't just vary by State but also County and City and New York is a State where they vary a lot. It would be pretty easy to buy some guns, more so handguns, in Upstate NY than Manhattan. I would call your Local Sheriff's Office as already suggested by Coalcracker but also call your Local County's District Attorney then, only because NY is so spotty, aslo a Local Gun Dealer. f all three give you the same answer you're probably OK.

Reactions: wittmeba

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so heres an update... I went to my local gun store to buy an ak. Mind you all of the ars/aks had the spur grip. The guy working there was really helpful and he said Im better off getting the spur grip and if safe act gets repealed all I have to do is simply take the spur off and put a pistol grip on. Also he completely talked me out of getting the AK they had there. They only had the century arms AK47 there and he told me they are ok but not that great. So after some talking with the gentleman there I decided to go with a Windham Weaponry SRC AR15 with the spur grip and they put a magpul stock on it for free! (Now thats customer service!) I got it on sale for $800. Gotta be the 2nd or 3rd time Ive been to a gun store looking for one thing and leave with something different haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts