National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I picked up my new S&W Shield .40, I had the gunsmith at the gunshop install the apex tactical fully machined sear. Good choice actually, the stock trigger was nasty. Note: I have not fired this gun yet.
However, when examining the firearm I see 2 points (note the uploaded image which is a stock sw photo) where I can see all the way through holes that
look like they should have pins or screws in them.

Should I be able to see right through these 2 holes or did the gunsmith goof and not put it back together all the way?

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
There roll pins. Supposed to be there. If you have issues with them walking out. Put some blue loc-tite on them.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Those are swirly roll pins and yes being able to see through them is normal.

I would always suggest you try out your stock gun before making any changes to it. Even if you already made your mind up to make changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are swirly roll pins and yes being able to see through them is normal.

I would always suggest you try out your stock gun before making any changes to it. Even if you already made your mind up to make changes.
I can respect your advice. However thankfully I got a chance to try to stock trigger against the fully machined sear and it was no contest. The stock sear is crap. I dunno why.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Stock Trigger is CRAP well I will tell ya You did not spend for the NEEDLESS Mark up of the Smith/Wesson "PERFORMANCE CENTER" where they Smith/Wesson would have had a better trigger and solid pins. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock Trigger is CRAP well I will tell ya You did not spend for the NEEDLESS Mark up of the Smith/Wesson "PERFORMANCE CENTER" where they Smith/Wesson would have had a better trigger and solid pins. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
I had heard that the performance center version still had the grindy, long-throw trigger. In truth, I live in California and I got super lucky getting this firearm. Serious lack of availability. I paid extra for the Fiber Optic sites, but ...I have some connections, would like to get tritium.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Nothing wrong with roll pins and they are less likely to walk out being they are usually slightly larger than the hole and spring action holds them in place versus a solid pin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts