National Gun Forum banner

Is it going through?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kobs 
#1 ·
Before watching the whole thing, do you think it's going through?

#2 · (Edited)
Before watching the whole thing, do you think it's going through?
Yes. Unless there is a very weak load in the round, it should pop a hole in the AR550.

Edit: Okay, I was wrong. That is one heck of a tough plate. How much does a plate like that sell for???

#3 ·
I'm kinda surprised it didn't go through as AR550 isn't that tough compared to AR500 ....speed kills steel, high velocity rounds will zip right through like melting butter.

The only pock mark in my 30"x30" AR500 steel plate was shot with a 300 Weatherby Mag and 150gr bullets going 3500fps. :crazy:

#7 ·
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought I read that the AR550 plates are harder/tougher than the AR500?

#8 ·
Goes through or not, it will kill you anyways
I've watched a video where body armor stopped a 50BMG, it did stoped the bullet, the body armor was wrapped around a 2X10X12 piece of wood and a concrete block, the wood cracked and had the emprint of the inside fabric of the vest and it shattered the block in at least 5 pieces.... Imagine what it would do to your rib cage and vitals behind it. Steyr is right, anyway you look at it it's like putting your heart and lungs in a blender

Reactions: Wag
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.