21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,574 Posts
Where I live is not a war zone.

·
Registered
14,029 Posts
So what firearm did our Army and Marines use for room-clearing in Falluja?

Probably M4's if i had to guess. Probably not as concerned with over penetration in a war zone as civilians in the U.S> would be and from what I've seen over there they seem to use a lot of stone/concrete type construction versus wood and sheetrock like we use.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
There are a lot of good choices for a home defense weapon and an AR15 is not one of them.

·
Super Moderator
11,512 Posts
Huh?

--Wag--

Reactions: mini14

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
a drive by posting..........the op was a one post wonder....

Reactions: mini14

·
Registered
255 Posts
Where did all this "AR is great, for home defense!" hoopla get started ? It surely isn't my first choice, for a few good reasons.

Take a moment to introduce yourself, Kristian. What country are you from? Do you like ARs best, in general?
I actually know quit a few people here in town that say they do not need any other type of firearmbesides their AR.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
i usually feel that way about a 12 ga...... ;).......
but life would be awful boring if we did not need (want) other types of guns.

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think some of you are giving the little. 22 bullet to much credit. A .223/5.56 will tumble as soon as it goes through the first wall, then rapidly burn off its energy. Unless you are in an apartment, chances of killing your neighbor are slim. If I lived in a very large house, I would not hesitate to use an AR pistol as an HD gun. As it is, my longest shot I could take unobstructed is less than 15 yards so I'm confident with a pistol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
AR-15 has to be the ultimate answer to safeguard your home. Several people tend to think that the rifle is better than the pistol. But no, just because the sizes differ, it doesn’t mean that the gun is good. The handgun is a much good option for home defense. Since it’s compact, you’ll never need to get confused. Get an AR-15 pistol, and you shall get a better outcome.
MSM ALERT!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have a couple of pistols, but I wouldn't mind adding an AR & a shotgun.
Who knows what the coming year will bring? Maybe a yard full of BLM, and they might be offended at my American flag.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
i want to add a stoeger outback......i have no idea why other than want.....

if it came with double triggers, i would probably jump........dang sexy little thing and different from the herd.......

21 - 33 of 33 Posts