National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AR-15 has to be the ultimate answer to safeguard your home. Several people tend to think that the rifle is better than the pistol. But no, just because the sizes differ, it doesn’t mean that the gun is good. The handgun is a much good option for home defense. Since it’s compact, you’ll never need to get confused. Get an AR-15 pistol, and you shall get a better outcome.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I think the AR 15 would be a little big for you kristian, better get the AR 10 :ROFLMAO: with one of those thingy's that goes up

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Shotgun is in my opinion the best home defense firearm. Followed by my 1911.
Would I use an AR style rifle? If that was the only thing available to me but it is not the ultimate HD

·
Registered
174 Posts
Options are good. I have handguns from .22 LR to .454 Casull, rifles from .223 to .338 WinMag and .50 Beowulf, and 12 gauge shotguns. I have self-defense/home-defense covered from bad breath fighting distances to 500 yards plus. Try a 500 yard shot and knock down something with an AR-15 pistol.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
To me it would be a shotgun or handgun.....and the winner is...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think it depends on your defensive strategy. Where are the bad guys likely to enter? Where are you likely to be when you have detected them? Is the AR going to be at hand at that point? Are you going to attempt house clearing? Home defense, more so that street defense, is one arena where I think you have a decent idea of what the scenario might be.

For me, the bad guys will certainly come in the ground floor. My second floor windows are just too inaccessible. The alarm will go off on entry and the dogs will bark. I have my EDC on my nightstand and a .357 in a push button safe under the bed. The EDC will go in my pocket and I will be using the .357 as primary. I do not intend to go downstairs. I plan to clear the hallway and take up a defensive position at the top of the stairs. I will go with the two handguns, because they maneuver around corners better and they are handy to grab. I would only go to the riot shotgun if I was expecting a mob, which could happen nowadays. But in that scenario, I would already be awake and dressed.

I'm not suggesting my solution should be anyone else's. I am suggesting everyone think through possible scenarios and reactions like I have.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Where did all this "AR is great, for home defense!" hoopla get started ? It surely isn't my first choice, for a few good reasons.

Take a moment to introduce yourself, Kristian. What country are you from? Do you like ARs best, in general?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
He probably heard that AR's are the baddest @ gun somewhere and realized there were AR pistols so... home defense bad @ AR pistol. It's ok if he hangs around long enough he will learn a lot of stuff

·
Mr.
208 Posts
AR-15 has to be the ultimate answer to safeguard your home. Several people tend to think that the rifle is better than the pistol. But no, just because the sizes differ, it doesn’t mean that the gun is good. The handgun is a much good option for home defense. Since it’s compact, you’ll never need to get confused. Get an AR-15 pistol, and you shall get a better outcome.
Sounds like you got it all figured out.

Why ask?

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
11,331 Posts
I have a feeling the OP is gonna be one of them 1 post wonders.

Reactions: Speed and Kobs
1 - 20 of 33 Posts