National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took my fiance shooting today for the first time took me almost 2 years to convince her to pull a trigger lol but needless to say she enjoyed it and it was really fun for me to introduce someone to shooting. Now she's bugging me already about going againso looks like ill have an ammo shortage problem soon haha.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,497 Posts
Nice! Hopefully it can become something you'll both regularly enjoy together.

Might be kinda fun to argue over what you'll get next than whether you're getting it at all. :biggrin5:
What did you guys shoot?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Every non-shooter and even ANTI-gunner I've ever been able to coax to the shooting range has loved it and taken a different attitude. Teaching firearms is one of my favorite activities with introducing new shooters to the sport at the top of my list.

My only problem is every time they shoot one of my guns and like it, it's all of a sudden "their gun".

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
28,646 Posts
Congratulations! Getting her to like shooting before marriage will make your life together a lot easier.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Congratulations! Getting her to like shooting before marriage will make your life together a lot easier.
This of course rely's entirely on whether she really likes you! If she does not this could be a bad thing.

Sorry just had to throw that in there.

Congrats I think. :)

Reactions: Speed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We shot a little bit of everything. My ar-15 a few shotguns and hunting rifles and my 9mm. And as of right now she likes me but now that you said it i have to be careful now that she knows how to shoot haha.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Good for you :thumbsup: taking that 2 years to convince her will prove to be a worthwhile investment in your happiness .

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is great! What were you shooting? My wife also enjoys shooting with me. I have to make it competitive though, that really gets her going. Have you thought about purchasing her her own gun, that is one way to be sure to keep her excited about the sport.

·
Super Moderator
13,605 Posts
I love teaching people to shoot for the first time.

Congrats! Wait for a few more trips and she'll shoot better than you do! :)

--Wag--

Reactions: LCPtoter

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
It took me a few months to get the ol'lady to "take" the gun in her hands and she did with the 1911 and said "now that's a gun" :lol:
I was like oh! you think my 226 isn't good enough? She went no but this looks and feels like the real thing, no plastic and stuff, your other looks like it's half plastic. Me-> :sosp:

I have to teach her the difference between P O L Y M E R and plastic :lol:

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Tell her I feel the same way! Lol

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
You have taken the brave step of introducing, now you must get her totally molded into the gun culture, this is a must prior to the alter..:lol:

Congrats.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,986 Posts
Ahh, polymer IS plastic!

And... the only plastic on my SIG-Sauer P.226 pistols are the grips panels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.