National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mods & Members,

I tried to send an internal email and got the message below from the Chrome browser. Anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix?

---------

This page isn’t working

Chrome detected unusual code on this page and blocked it to protect your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards).

Try visiting the site's homepage.

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

---------

UPDATE: I managed to get one email through, everything after that got blocked, but I was still allowed to reply to what got through.

·
Administrator
399 Posts
internal email? are you referring to sending PMs?
I don't think I've had this before. are you running any plugins on your browser?

lee

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
internal email? are you referring to sending PMs?
I don't think I've had this before. are you running any plugins on your browser?

lee
Yes, I guess you'd call them PMs. And no, no plugins. I also turned off the function of warning about dangerous websites. That didn't work, either.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No errors, no flags, it came straight through.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking thru web, may be Chrome bug. Check browser for update?
It updates about every 2-3 days. But I have an idea, I'll check back.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it figured out. It may or may not be a Chrome thing.

Here's the back-story: A while back, I started a thread and tried to PM people who took part in the discussion. When the recipients are listed in personal contacts, it goes through no problem. If they're not listed, the security block shows up. Add the personal contacts first, and then send the PM, it's all smooth.

It could be a bug, or a feature, but it works.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
Disregard my PM. Sounds like your up and running.

Alan

·
5,082 Posts
A bug with vb sounds more typical. Especially with a sql changing area like groups or lists....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts