National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a bike or a car??

I thought it was a pretty cool crossbreed, until I found out it had a Ford 2.3L engine and five speed auto tranny. They missed the opportunity to build a real economy auto that was reliable, in my opinion. Should have put either a Toyota 1.3-1.5L engine in it to pull down the serious gas mileage figures or stuck with big bike engines.

It will get about 35 city and 45 highway in its Ford configuration.

Would you buy one???

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn thing has heat and air conditioning and the power to weight ratio of a Corvette in one form and a Mustang GT for another model. Trunk holds about 7 cuft of stuff and the gas tank is about 11 gal capacity.

G

·
I don't have much regard for motorcycles that are trying to be cars - the disadvantages of both and the advantages of neither.

I suspect it costs upwards of $30K - right??

For that, one can get a real car AND a real motorcycle.

It sure is purty, though.

Doug

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the price is about 30K. Which is insane in my opinion. I sure can buy a fine auto for that kind of money or a hopped up screaming eagle Harley with plenty of money left over to buy lots of options.

I think for thirty big ones I would just buy a top of the line Toyota Camry with the V-6. Or maybe a BMW 3 series for fun factor. No more gas hog SUV's for me, they eat you alive in maint and gas!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
That back end does look BMW-ish doesn't it???? But no, I wouldn't buy one................ There are other vehicles out there that have more of the fun-factor!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem with most three wheelers is they don't corner very well. Unless they have that rear suspension that is indenpendent and swings up and down with the turns.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dethlokk said:
A little too old man-ish for my liking. Here's something a bit more my style...

I like that one much better. Any idea who make it?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The one I saw that used the Ford engine was about $39,000 -- waaaay too much for such a vehicle, IMO. It's one of those toys I'd like to play with for a while, but wouldn't spend that much to do so, even if I were far more well-to-do than I am.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts