National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit it, I'm addicted to gunspeak, I got home and the forum was down. I tried to white knuckle it, I read the Serenity Prayer, I mentally ran through the 12 steps- and then I broke. My hands were trembling, sweat popped out on my brow. I walked past my liquor cabinet and sat down at the keyboard.
I had to steady myself as I typed http://www.GunBroker.com and pressed enter. I was ashamed to sign in- but I saw some of you guys already there. So I signed in and quickly remembered why I left. I read the post of you guys active here and stayed away from the dweebs and trolls.
And today- WE'RE BACK! :i:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, I had the same experience at another board last night. It's amazing the morons out there and some of their comments. I was discussing the accuracy of a bench gun, a 261x 47 TNT to be exact and this idiot wanted to know if I was sure that the gun was accurate. No dumb xxx, it's just a custom Remington 700 sleeved action with a full bull Hart stainless, a 1oz Dayton trigger in an aluminum bedded glass stock that has shot a one hole group in the Houston Warehouse. Probablilities are extremely high he doesn't have a clue what the cartridges is or even what a TNT rifle is. If you don't know, ask. I'm always willing to help but to make stupid remarks just boils my blood. I guess that's why I've never been a doctor, no patience.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
whompuss said:
I admit it, I'm addicted to gunspeak, I got home and the forum was down. I tried to white knuckle it, I read the Serenity Prayer, I mentally ran through the 12 steps- and then I broke. My hands were trembling, sweat popped out on my brow. I walked past my liquor cabinet and sat down at the keyboard.
I had to steady myself as I typed http://www.GunBroker.com and pressed enter. I was ashamed to sign in- but I saw some of you guys already there. So I signed in and quickly remembered why I left. I read the post of you guys active here and stayed away from the dweebs and trolls.
And today- WE'RE BACK! :i:

I took to my Margarita's, and cried inside!!! :cry: LOL

I hate to be a naysayer, but I just can't warm up to GunBroker. I never liked what I saw before, and even though some of you fella's are there, I just can't do it. This is where I want to be........

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
No, y'all aren't alone.

First I cried. That got a, "There, there" from Gonebalistik. "BFD", sez I.

So I caved and signed onto http://smith-wessonforum.com/ and spent money. That was followed by http://thefiringline.com/ and then http://www.thehighroad.org/
It was out of control. I kept spending money...

...Plenty o' money. Lots o' money. Money like I actually had money. Hell, I spent money like a Congressman.

OK, not THAT much money.

But I did buy seven guns.

Which is OK, because today I sold four of them, plus two others that I already had.

All in all it was a good evening, except I missed y'all.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Visited the Firing Line very briefly and quickly remembered why I left as well. 1911 Forum is OK, but this is still home. I did get my Texas Criminal Procedure reading done for once though.

O.K...I must admit something: When it said the account was suspended, I thought I had gotten banned for some overly honest comment I had made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cool: --I have vacated GB-TOTALLY--

almost three weeks ago, Oh, I won't elaborate on my REASON for leaving, but Sir Nunn knows, who by the way is a fine LEO AND moderator--

--While this forum was (down), I just spent a lot of time Buying equpment and trading info with several OFF-ROAD forums--

--Glad we're back to Battery--

-- -r- --JIMBO

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Travis said:
TRADERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding! :D Glad you didn't leave forever.... I sure would be lonely!
Traders or Traitors? That's funny either way. But lets get that Board Index bar fixed already.... :mrgreen:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
SatanzBountyHunter said:
O.K...I must admit something: When it said the account was suspended, I thought I had gotten banned for some overly honest comment I had made.

Are the moderators REALLY that bad?!?!?!? :shock: LMAO

Travis said:
TRADERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Traders?!?!? That's funny................... :mrgreen:

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
SheNine said:
SatanzBountyHunter said:
Are the moderators REALLY that bad?!?!?!? :shock: LMAO
Not at all on here anyway...but there are some real liberal mods on other boards that will lock your thread right away when its something they don't agree with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JIMBO said:
:cool: --I have vacated GB-TOTALLY--

almost three weeks ago, Oh, I won't elaborate on my REASON for leaving, but Sir Nunn knows, who by the way is a fine LEO AND moderator--

--While this forum was (down), I just spent a lot of time Buying equpment and trading info with several OFF-ROAD forums--

--Glad we're back to Battery--

-- -r- --JIMBO
I agree ref David Nunn. He is a man of high character, he donates time to auction stuff for needy people, he unashamedly poses for pix with his wife and black child they are raising, he is proud that his son, Travis. is serving in Iraq. He understands why I left too. In fact he was the only reason I stayed so long. I wish he would come over here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts