National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Massachusetts Republican
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a Cx4 Storm carbine, mostly for my wife. I do not care for the low capacity (8 round) magazines that it is equipped with, but I like the idea of our household stocking one kind of pistol ammunition and giving my wife a hand gun and a carbine with interchangeable magazines.

My question is, can the Cx4 Storm accept the .45 magazines of the Px4 pistol or only that of the old Beretta cougar?

I assume the aftermarket industry will solve the capacity issue, so that doesn't concern me as much.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes the PX4 is a .45ACP. And the Beretta CX4 Storm can come in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. So if you get the CX4 in .45ACP, you'll be great.

·
Massachusetts Republican
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told at the store that the CX4 chambered in .45 only accepts the Cougar magazines,they even called their Beretta rep. We'll sea, I ordered the CX4 anyway.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I am a Beretta nut, but admittedly am mainly into the 92 variants (I have 6). I did once have a Beretta CX4 in 9mm (and a PX4 in 40 cal).

It is my understanding that the inserts to switch between 92 and PX4 mags ONLY work for the 9mm and 40 cal versions. I am almost positive that the ONLY mags that will work for the 45 cal version are the 8 round mags.

I am forever seeing complaints about this issue on the Beretta Forum (I would suggest checking on that website for more info). There was talk of some guy trying to MAKE his own mags that were longer but combining 2 mag bodies. But, I do not think the 45 cal PX4 mags will work... You only have that option in 40 and 9mm...

·
Massachusetts Republican
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a Beretta nut, but admittedly am mainly into the 92 variants (I have 6). I did once have a Beretta CX4 in 9mm (and a PX4 in 40 cal).

It is my understanding that the inserts to switch between 92 and PX4 mags ONLY work for the 9mm and 40 cal versions. I am almost positive that the ONLY mags that will work for the 45 cal version are the 8 round mags.

I am forever seeing complaints about this issue on the Beretta Forum (I would suggest checking on that website for more info). There was talk of some guy trying to MAKE his own mags that were longer but combining 2 mag bodies. But, I do not think the 45 cal PX4 mags will work... You only have that option in 40 and 9mm...
Always trust a fanatic...

You're exactly right, and I haven't found anyone manufacturing the magazines....yet. I am sure I could get a custom shop to manufacture them for me but I'd have to buy a lot of them.

While we are on the subject, what do you think to the Stoeger Cougar? Same quality as it's Beretta predecessor? I''m still hooked on interchangable magazines, even if it's low capacity.

C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts