National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am wondering that the savage center fire rifles, the barrel assembly is the same is it possible to interchange the barrels to diffrent caliber and get it done the propper way by yourself without out the risk of hurting yourself or the gun my dad has done something like this to his 10/22 Ruger, but did not change the caliber of the gun, Any input would be greatly appreciated :sosp::4:

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I've only disassembled/reassembled my rifle, never changed anything out. However you've come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable folks here who can probably point you in the correct direction, at a minimum. Best of luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know this is a spin off of your question.. but how are the savages.. are they a godo brand? quality gun... i got a bad impression when they came online... so i never looked back.. but how are they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do not own a savage yet but i want to get the cheapest one and upgrade it and hopefully be able to change the barrels

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hell get a M249! they are changeable barrells!!! instead of working on a savage.. why dont you build a AR?

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
All that I know about Savage Rifles are from a very good friend and former Marine. He purchased one and then customized it with a new stock, superior optics and a bipod. This is so he can get back into long range shooting - 600 yards plus. The range report when he zeroed the rifle the first time was very impressive. Three shots at 100 yards making a hole the size of a quarter.

All in all - very good rifles and customizable to any extent you would like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the ar i want a bolt action and if i get a long action will there be any problems using smaller calibers in it

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,728 Posts
Changing barrels on a Savage rifle is possible. It is not practical for your stated purposes. It is not a "quick" change. It is a task for a gunsmith or for an experienced amateur. It requires specialized tools plus the knowledge and ability to use them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts