National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a interarms model 92 src lever action rifle in .357/.38 special. This is my first lever action rifle and I would like to clean it. But for some reason I cannot figure out how to remove the lever and bolt from the gun!!:mad5: I feel like there is some simple little thing that I am not seeing but I cannot do it. Someone please help me! Thank you.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
You have a copy of a Winchester Model 1892. It is not a simple task for the uninitiated to remove the bolt and lever. You will probably be better served by CAREFULLY cleaning from the muzzle.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You have a copy of a Winchester Model 1892. It is not a simple task for the uninitiated to remove the bolt and lever. You will probably be better served by CAREFULLY cleaning from the muzzle.
Yep, I've owned a few of them no need to dismantle the rifle every time you clean. I ran a pretty steady diet of blackpowder handloads through one of my 92's and I only needed to tear down the rifle about once a year. If you're shooting smokeless loads scrubbing out the bore and using a nylon brush with solvent to scrub out the action are all thats needed. Wipe the solvent residue out with clean cloth apply a light gun oil and you're done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thank you I will do that. Just out of my own curiosity, do you know what it takes to remove the bolt and lever?

·
55,141 Posts
I do. I have. It is not a simple job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's not too much of a hassle could you type it out for me? If you don't want to then that's completely fine. Thank you

·
55,141 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts