National Gun Forum banner

Insurance?

2K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  ArthAnsgar 
#1 ·
Ok, who has insurance in case they have the unfortunate task of defending yourself or family?

I am thinking it may be time and am looking at CCWSafe.

Any thoughts? Advice? Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have CCW Safe, they are not an insurance company so not under any restrictions. I bought the Ultimate plan last Jan but just switched it to the Defender plan because it's cheaper but doesn't have quite the coverage of the Ultimate. Go to their web site and read it over. If you sign up for their newsletter you will get a good idea of what they do. They send a lot of good info.

#5 ·
Two years ago, the VCDL sent out questionnaires to all the plans out there at the time. They published a side-by-side comparison of the plans, which was unbiased because it was just the answers each company gave to the questionnaire verbatim. I looked at what I wanted out of a plan and CCW Safe came up as the winner, although there were a couple of other plans out there that were good also.

The policies of those companies have changed since then, but I keep hearing on sites like Defensive Carry that more people seem to like CCW Safe than other plans. I believe they are still the only plan that has defended someone wrongfully charged with murder in a self-dense case and got him acquitted at trial. They stood by him all the way through. That doesn't mean other plans wouldn't do so also, but it is a comfort that they have done it.

I think that with all that's going on today, these plans make more and more sense. We are no longer just worried about the armed robber or the home invader. We are worried about mobs and anything we do in the face of a mob will be on video and it will be politically charged. We may be justified under the law, but prosecutors don't always care about the law anymore. And just defending ourselves in criminal and civil court could ruin a person financially.

#6 ·
Thanks have been comparing and one thing stands out with CCWSafe; they will cover you if you are volunteering security at church. The other big one was not clear.

Not that I think something will happen at church, but God forbid. The ultimate is the only CCWSafe plan that covers that——-IF you pay for the full year up front.

For those who have CCWSafe, is you spouse automatically included if she does not have a carry license? I’m not clear on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
none.........

the odds are greatly against me ever pulling the trigger now that i am out of law enforcement......and i still have a measure of faith in the legal system since i am in a red State and an extremely red county.....

me and the wife talked.......until this riot crapola settles down, i am going to avoid Austin and Dallas the same as i would avoid a dark alley.......whatever gains, being prepared, and going there nowadays are not worth the risk..........same goes for covid19 and exposure.

i can spend that money elsewhere......like more primers and cast bullets....

#12 ·
not aware of pba in my area of Texas.......the officer organizations put forth mostly are cleat and fop........
neither organizations appealed to me.......fop is too pro admin/democrat and not the field officer,,,,,and cleat struck me as a law suit happy wanna-be union.......

#13 ·
Some companies offer discounts to retired LE like US Law Shield ($10.95/mo). I can understand your viewpoint of being not likely to use a firearm in a quiet rural area.

#16 ·
So how much is this type of insurance?

#21 ·
Reactions: Caper
#22 ·
Still pretty much attorney talk with a price tag. CCWSafe seemed better to me because if has provisional coverage for wife at no extra charge. CCWSafe also willallow one to volunteer at church (security) and be covered.

One big concern with US Shield is that it APPEARS if you are in a no gun zone and you are attacked, they will nto cover you. I believe CCWSafe will......not sure.

#23 ·
Still pretty much attorney talk with a price tag. CCWSafe seemed better to me because if has provisional coverage for wife at no extra charge. CCWSafe also willallow one to volunteer at church (security) and be covered.
You need to have the "Ultimate Plan" to be covered.

"CHURCH SECURITY TEAM COVERAGE: The "Ultimate Plan" is the only membership subscription that covers actions by "Volunteer Church Security" teams or individuals acting as a security agent for the church. "

One big concern with US Shield is that it APPEARS if you are in a no gun zone and you are attacked, they will nto cover you. I believe CCWSafe will......not sure.
CCW Safe will not cover you if you have a shooting in a no gun zone as defined by law.

"CCW Safe provides services when a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident occurs at a location in which you are allowed to be present and allowed to possess a firearm which you are legally entitled to possess, and are acting in self-defense."

Broken down in more detail in the FAQ

Reactions: Ziggidy
#29 ·
Thing is how I see this insurance on firearms...while I guess its good if you're ever in a shooting, just watch out for it. Wont be long till they push for it on every one of your firearms, each individually insured because each is different. They tried it here in Connecticut - didn't go no where though its not off the table. I see that colion noir guy pushing it and a few other you tube personalities. That's fine if people want it, just don't get pissed when the antis pass more infringing/burdening laws on firearm owners such as insurance...not just for each and every firearm though with ammunition and storage too and even to your home owners policy such as fire and theft now goes up...talk bout a slick slippery slop, this is one that is covered in dirt, twigs, and leaves. I see their wording to get it passed being - some people already have it so why not make it a law. Its for your safety.

I'm not against it. I'm against it being law, being forced upon, burden / infringed upon us to purchase.

#30 ·
I just looked at CCW Safe. They cover an awful lot. Much financially.
They still weren't able to help much with me as a truck driver. Just the having a gun in the truck. Driving through a state that is anti gun. Or having to defend an invasion of my truck in such a state.

#31 ·
I just looked at CCW Safe. They cover an awful lot. Much financially.
They still weren't able to help much with me as a truck driver. Just the having a gun in the truck. Driving through a state that is anti gun. Or having to defend an invasion of my truck in such a state.
A few of the providers have 50 state coverage, provided you are in compliance with the local laws when and where an incident occurs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.