·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,932 Posts
Reactions: Caper

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Still pretty much attorney talk with a price tag. CCWSafe seemed better to me because if has provisional coverage for wife at no extra charge. CCWSafe also willallow one to volunteer at church (security) and be covered.

One big concern with US Shield is that it APPEARS if you are in a no gun zone and you are attacked, they will nto cover you. I believe CCWSafe will......not sure.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Still pretty much attorney talk with a price tag. CCWSafe seemed better to me because if has provisional coverage for wife at no extra charge. CCWSafe also willallow one to volunteer at church (security) and be covered.
You need to have the "Ultimate Plan" to be covered.

"CHURCH SECURITY TEAM COVERAGE: The "Ultimate Plan" is the only membership subscription that covers actions by "Volunteer Church Security" teams or individuals acting as a security agent for the church. "

One big concern with US Shield is that it APPEARS if you are in a no gun zone and you are attacked, they will nto cover you. I believe CCWSafe will......not sure.
CCW Safe will not cover you if you have a shooting in a no gun zone as defined by law.

"CCW Safe provides services when a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident occurs at a location in which you are allowed to be present and allowed to possess a firearm which you are legally entitled to possess, and are acting in self-defense."

Broken down in more detail in the FAQ

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I admit I didn't look at many. What I did look at. I chose this same one.
Am happy with it.
Yes you are. It must have had what you were looking for. It's better to have something instead or nothing.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Yes you are. It must have had what you were looking for. It's better to have something instead or nothing.
That's why I chose it. It's more of something. At least I think so. I would suggest anyone looking to look at this one. Decide for yourself. Price was a minor consideration.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You need to have the "Ultimate Plan" to be covered.

"CHURCH SECURITY TEAM COVERAGE: The "Ultimate Plan" is the only membership subscription that covers actions by "Volunteer Church Security" teams or individuals acting as a security agent for the church. "

CCW Safe will not cover you if you have a shooting in a no gun zone as defined by law.

"CCW Safe provides services when a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident occurs at a location in which you are allowed to be present and allowed to possess a firearm which you are legally entitled to possess, and are acting in self-defense."

Broken down in more detail in the FAQ
I have CCW safe and I just reread the FAQs. What you say is technically true, but may be misleading. By "a no gun zone as defined by law" they are clear that means an area where it would be a felony or misdemeanor to have a gun. On the other hand, if you are in one of the many states like mine where a no-gun sign in a non-government venue is part of the CC law, but does not carry the force of law, they will cover you. In those states, a no-gun sign like that only means that if the management of the venue finds out you are carrying, they can ask you to leave. You only incur a legal violation if you then refuse to leave. So if you are in such a venue and you have not been asked to leave and you defend yourself, you are covered. They are explicit about that on their site.

My state gun organization puts out a wallet card with all the places where carrying would be a felony or misdemeanor in my state. There are not that many and I would definitely not carry going to one of them. Also, I can't see how any plan could cover you if you are in violation of a criminal law.

Also, those restrictions are only for defense with a firearm. CCW Safe also covers you for SD will other than a firearm, even H2H. There does not seem to be an venue restrictions on that.

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'd jump on it if they had the monthly for the ultimate, but I need to budget for the full amount since we were off during the china flu problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,687 Posts
Thing is how I see this insurance on firearms...while I guess its good if you're ever in a shooting, just watch out for it. Wont be long till they push for it on every one of your firearms, each individually insured because each is different. They tried it here in Connecticut - didn't go no where though its not off the table. I see that colion noir guy pushing it and a few other you tube personalities. That's fine if people want it, just don't get pissed when the antis pass more infringing/burdening laws on firearm owners such as insurance...not just for each and every firearm though with ammunition and storage too and even to your home owners policy such as fire and theft now goes up...talk bout a slick slippery slop, this is one that is covered in dirt, twigs, and leaves. I see their wording to get it passed being - some people already have it so why not make it a law. Its for your safety.

I'm not against it. I'm against it being law, being forced upon, burden / infringed upon us to purchase.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I just looked at CCW Safe. They cover an awful lot. Much financially.
They still weren't able to help much with me as a truck driver. Just the having a gun in the truck. Driving through a state that is anti gun. Or having to defend an invasion of my truck in such a state.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just looked at CCW Safe. They cover an awful lot. Much financially.
They still weren't able to help much with me as a truck driver. Just the having a gun in the truck. Driving through a state that is anti gun. Or having to defend an invasion of my truck in such a state.
A few of the providers have 50 state coverage, provided you are in compliance with the local laws when and where an incident occurs.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts