National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who has insurance in case they have the unfortunate task of defending yourself or family?

I am thinking it may be time and am looking at CCWSafe.

Any thoughts? Advice? Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,030 Posts
We have US law shield. SD and bail and lawsuit coverage.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have CCW Safe, they are not an insurance company so not under any restrictions. I bought the Ultimate plan last Jan but just switched it to the Defender plan because it's cheaper but doesn't have quite the coverage of the Ultimate. Go to their web site and read it over. If you sign up for their newsletter you will get a good idea of what they do. They send a lot of good info.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Two years ago, the VCDL sent out questionnaires to all the plans out there at the time. They published a side-by-side comparison of the plans, which was unbiased because it was just the answers each company gave to the questionnaire verbatim. I looked at what I wanted out of a plan and CCW Safe came up as the winner, although there were a couple of other plans out there that were good also.

The policies of those companies have changed since then, but I keep hearing on sites like Defensive Carry that more people seem to like CCW Safe than other plans. I believe they are still the only plan that has defended someone wrongfully charged with murder in a self-dense case and got him acquitted at trial. They stood by him all the way through. That doesn't mean other plans wouldn't do so also, but it is a comfort that they have done it.

I think that with all that's going on today, these plans make more and more sense. We are no longer just worried about the armed robber or the home invader. We are worried about mobs and anything we do in the face of a mob will be on video and it will be politically charged. We may be justified under the law, but prosecutors don't always care about the law anymore. And just defending ourselves in criminal and civil court could ruin a person financially.

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks have been comparing and one thing stands out with CCWSafe; they will cover you if you are volunteering security at church. The other big one was not clear.

Not that I think something will happen at church, but God forbid. The ultimate is the only CCWSafe plan that covers that——-IF you pay for the full year up front.

For those who have CCWSafe, is you spouse automatically included if she does not have a carry license? I’m not clear on that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, who has insurance in case they have the unfortunate task of defending yourself or family?

I am thinking it may be time and am looking at CCWSafe.

Any thoughts? Advice? Recommendations?

I've got mine through work. I would recommend anyone carrying on a daily basis to have some coverage.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
none.........

the odds are greatly against me ever pulling the trigger now that i am out of law enforcement......and i still have a measure of faith in the legal system since i am in a red State and an extremely red county.....

me and the wife talked.......until this riot crapola settles down, i am going to avoid Austin and Dallas the same as i would avoid a dark alley.......whatever gains, being prepared, and going there nowadays are not worth the risk..........same goes for covid19 and exposure.

i can spend that money elsewhere......like more primers and cast bullets....

·
Registered
12 Posts
none.........

the odds are greatly against me ever pulling the trigger now that i am out of law enforcement......and i still have a measure of faith in the legal system since i am in a red State and an extremely red county.....

me and the wife talked.......until this riot crapola settles down, i am going to avoid Austin and Dallas the same as i would avoid a dark alley.......whatever gains, being prepared, and going there nowadays are not worth the risk..........same goes for covid19 and exposure.

i can spend that money elsewhere......like more primers and cast bullets....
Did you have PBA?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
not aware of pba in my area of Texas.......the officer organizations put forth mostly are cleat and fop........
neither organizations appealed to me.......fop is too pro admin/democrat and not the field officer,,,,,and cleat struck me as a law suit happy wanna-be union.......

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Some companies offer discounts to retired LE like US Law Shield ($10.95/mo). I can understand your viewpoint of being not likely to use a firearm in a quiet rural area.

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll proabably end up with CCWSafe bur I need to wait a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
So how much is this type of insurance?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Go to their web site , they lay out all the different coverage. I bought the Ultimate back in Jan 2020 but changed it to the Defender in July. They sent me a check for the difference. I still think they are the best choice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a USCCA platinum membership. Good customer service, solid coverage for the money, and the bonus perks are nice too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
So how much is this type of insurance?
I pay around $35 (after taxes and such) for me and my wife, but we live in a blue state with inconsistent courts, so we opted for the mid-tier (platinum). I think the only difference in the top tier (elite) is coverage for personal injury and property damage.

Here's their website, for anyone who is interested.
USCCA

1 - 20 of 31 Posts