National Gun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently going through my grandpas old things and I came across an old revolver. It has "RED JACKET No. 3" and the top of the barrel and "9931" on the bottom. After doing some research I discovered it was made between 1875-1885 by Lee Arms Company. The reason I am looking for more info is because in all the pictures I've seen, the guns have a 5 digit serial number and it is always stamped in a straight line. The numbers on this gun are very off center and there are only 4 digits. Could this have just been a production error or something different? Any info is greatly appreciated! IMG-0918.jpg IMG-0911.jpg IMG-0905.jpg IMG-0906.jpg

·
AZHerper
4,101 Posts
That looks like a fairly nice example. I''m sure that you know that it's chambered for the old 32 rimfire cartridge. Since it came to you from your grandfather, it's sentimental value as family memorabilia far outweighs its market value which is probably a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
WOW!!! Nice Some were made Prior to Serial Law!! some were given after for insurance purposes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts