National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you prefer indoor or outdoor ranges????

I personally like outdoor ranges just cause I am more of a rifle guy. Being that I live in Arizona (110+ degrees) I am stuck with indoor ranges for most of the year.

-Derek

·
Registered
957 Posts
Outdoor. I live about 5 miles from my outdoor range. I have several choices of targets-cardboard, plates, and my fave...aluminun cans. I like to chase the cans. Most of the time, I have the range to myself and can move and shoot without worry. I pay 120 dollars/year membership dues.

There is an indoor range 20 minutes away, but youre limited to cardboard, and 25 yards I think, also youre stuck in the shooting bay basically shooting straight ahead.. Its is nice in the wintertime though. Costs 11 dollars/visit..and wont consider a membership..$$$.

G

·
Maser said:
Definitely outdoor because I hate wearing hearing protection. :roll:
I understand what you are saying, but you might wanna consider wearing it anyway...you will thank yourself several years down the road. :lol: Just a thought....

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
My indoor range is on the way home. The outdoor range is 30 miles from where I live. I prefer the outdoor range but frequent the indoor for obvious reasons.

G

·
outdoor, none of the indoor ranges around me will let anyone shoot rifle other then rimfire in the range, handguns are permitted. plus I can shoot clay birds at the outdoor range. :D

G

·
About the hearing protection - Use it all the time - even for .22s. I haven't been able to hear hardly anything from my right ear for 30 years, and my left ear is nearly as bad.

It is not manly to make yourself deaf.

And it will.

I've only shot at an indoor range 2 or 3 times in my life. When I feel the need to light some off, I do it in my back yard, or off one of the decks. I have done some shooting from here at my computer desk, but it makes Perfect Dog Gretchen nuts.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I prefer outdoors. I have a little range at the farm. My GF's son & I have a range where we can shoot 380 yards. My buddy has a pistol range & a 840yd range at his farm & our local gun range, membership only, has a pistol range & a 200yd rifle range. I do shoot Bullseye indoors atthe Bullet Stop in Wichita once a week. I work about a mile from there but it's 60 miles to the house! :--- :--- :---

·
Banned
818 Posts
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
I understand what you are saying, but you might wanna consider wearing it anyway...you will thank yourself several years down the road. :lol: Just a thought....

I respect what you're saying, but see I am already deaf in one ear from a shotgun being fired next to my ear when I was a kid. I am also partially deaf in the other ear. For me, muzzle blasts aren't loud when I'm outdoors.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Maser said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:

I respect what you're saying, but see I am already deaf in one ear from a shotgun being fired next to my ear when I was a kid. I am also partially deaf in the other ear. For me, muzzle blasts aren't loud when I'm outdoors.
I would use the hearing protection. You need to protect waht you have left or soon enough you will be living in the "realm of silence."

G

·
bat1159man said:
Maser said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:

I would use the hearing protection. You need to protect waht you have left or soon enough you will be living in the "realm of silence."
+1......no sense in doing any more damage....

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Indoor. I like bringing the target back to me all the time without having to wait to clear the line. And, it is too damn hot here in the TX summer.

I won't be shooting my rifle outside again until summer is over!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shipwreck said:
Indoor. I like bringing the target back to me all the time without having to wait to clear the line. And, it is too damn hot here in the TX summer.

I won't be shooting my rifle outside again until summer is over!
Same here man, its too damn hot in the summer to shoot outdoors. It no fun when its 100 degrees by 8:00 in the morning. I'm done shooting for a few moths. The break will give me a chance to buy some new toys instead of buying ammo to feed the toys.

-Derek

1 - 16 of 16 Posts