National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, I am new to this forum. Not new to guns or shooting by any means but as I am 18 now and I just moved to indiana I have some questions about laws.

I was doing lots of research on the laws of owning a gun at 18 and I am kinda confused. It says I can buy a rifle or shotgun legally from any ffl dealer or a private seller,which makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is it says I can not buy a handgun from an ffl dealer at 18yo but I can buy it from a private dealer. Am I reading this all right? I am confused as to why that is if that is really what it says.

I also plan to get my conceal carry permit for personal protection of myself and my family once I own a handgun. What laws are there for that being that I am only 18yo? I think it says I can get it at 18yo but I want to be sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Popeye has the link with all your answers.

But I am sad to tell you will not be able to get your permit to carry until 21.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Actually I just Googled it setting here and somewhere along the line it has changed.

18 is now the legal limit.

Google it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what I thought I was reading. Who would I call exactly to get the right in for information? Local police? State police? Just the local gun store?

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
I expect the Indiana State Police are in charge of the Concealed Carry laws. Never get legal advice from your gun store. Never depend on your Barber for reloading information. :lol:

·
Registered
9,127 Posts

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Just FYI.

You realize a 52 year old computer illiterate just out Googled an 18 year old youngun. LOL

Yes I am proud of myself.

Reactions: Square target

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol. Thanks, I will talk to them when I can.

I am not a normal 18yo lol, I don't know much about computers or stuff like that. But give me my garage and my tools and I can build you anything you want.I do fine woodworking, metal working, welding, concrete, engine repair,machining. heck I even do blacksmithing. But computers I am not very good with lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts